We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paper straws?

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
845 reviews
Save Topic
Paper straws?

Has anyone noticed the use of paper straws instead of the plastic ones? If so where? Many beach communities around the World are starting to make this change. Some are stopping the use of straws period. I hate to see plastic straws, cups, bottles (or any trash) on the beautiful Grace Bay beach. Hope everyone leaves the beach cleaner than they found it. Peace.

Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
6,214 Reviews
Providenciales
38 replies to this topic
Bucks County...
Level Contributor
3,100 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Paper straws?

That's awesome lobomago! I wish Dunkin Donuts would stop using Styrofoam. I can't imagine how many cups they go through a day...

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
3,054 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Paper straws?

Lobo.......hopefully other businesses on island will follow your lead! Nice to hear!

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
845 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Paper straws?

Those of us who are a little "older" remember when paper straws were used almost everywhere.

New England
Level Contributor
385 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Paper straws?

I use stainless steel or reusable bpa free straws daily and take them on vacation with me. I always request no straw and try to get the place to fill my stainless steel cup rather than any plastic cups...

Troy, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Grace Bay
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Paper straws?

I saw something like this on TV. I don't like to use straws but I imagine if you really liked one, you could bring this with you?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DNZ8XBS/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1528892448&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=portable+straw&psc=1

Sweden
Level Contributor
189 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Paper straws?

Hemingway’s do use plastic straws, Styrofoam and plastic cups, seems pretty standard for all the places I’ve been so far on TCI.

Mentioned in this post
Hemingway's Restaurant
Hemingway's Restaurant
2,664 Reviews
Providenciales
Sweden
Level Contributor
189 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Paper straws?

And the styrofoam containers, they come wrapped in yet another plastic bag, the plastic cups have a plastic lid and a straw. I’d be interested to know why posters say Hemingway’s is a no straw establishment when I can clearly see it is not, which is a real shame. Even cocktails come with 2 little straws and that’s every restaurant I’ve been to here.

Mentioned in this post
Hemingway's Restaurant
Hemingway's Restaurant
2,664 Reviews
Providenciales
Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
845 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Paper straws?

Am happy to report that the Pavilion Pool Bar does NOT serve drinks with plastic straws!! They say paper are on order. They proudly have cards at the bar announcing this. Congrats!!!

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
3,054 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Paper straws?

Great to hear IrishFan! Baby steps, but it's a start for sure!

Troy, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Grace Bay
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Paper straws?

People are catching on! Don't ask for a straw!!

…cnn.com/2018/…index.html

Reply to: Paper straws?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted