We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to expect on Long Bay Beach Sept 30-Oct 5

1 post
Save Topic
What to expect on Long Bay Beach Sept 30-Oct 5

I have a trip planned for Provo Long Bay 9/30-10/5. As far as I can tell, the flight has not been cancelled but the power has not been restored yet.

Does anybody know what the status of power is in this area?

What about other things like clean water or other safety issues? Are tourist charter businesses open? Will the tourist areas be back to normal?

3 replies to this topic
Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to expect on Long Bay Beach Sept 30-Oct 5

Personally, with no power restored to LB, and sounding like it won't be by your dates, I'd either cancel/ delay or try and find another place to stay on Provo.

Caribbean
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to expect on Long Bay Beach Sept 30-Oct 5

The Shore Club on Long Bay Beach in Turks & Caicos will reopen on schedule on September 30th.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to expect on Long Bay Beach Sept 30-Oct 5

Long bay is a large area so you need to be more specific. Some areas have underground power, and new poles but many poles in that area where pretty old and many of those broke during the storm - I saw long bay roads with almost every pole broken- these will take a lot of time to replace (weeks).

For new pole installations or underground (provided power reaches the feed point) things look very good. I did not see one new pole broken after driving pretty well everywhere in provo after the storm. - since Shore club power is newly strung, I guess that's why it is on track to open.

Reply to: What to expect on Long Bay Beach Sept 30-Oct 5
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted