We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport open already

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,553 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Airport open already

PLS Airport opened at 10 this morning for all flights

Fortis doubled the crew to restore power

Many that had power before Maria never lost it during storm

So far no additional damage reported on Provo, Grand Turk did get additional damage, will report as info comes in

21 replies to this topic
New York
Level Contributor
674 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport open already

Thank you, Blamona. You are always the voice of reason and good information!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
286 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport open already

Just checked the flight going to PLS from CLT... It is leaving in 20 mins.,,, 5 people on it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
2 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport open already

I will be going to Provo Nov 8-15 on American staying at RWI. I have heard rumors that American will start canceling flights because Beaches is closed until Dec. It was said that usually half of a flight is filled with Beaches customers. If planes aren't full, American will not want to fly those planes. Anyone else heard anything about this? (I just looked at the seating chart for my plane and only about 20 seats were taken on the MIA to PLS flight)

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,553 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport open already

Why do people spread rumors? Flights from Miami usually belongers.

If they cancel your flight try other lines

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
15 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport open already

I will travel to Provo from November 4th to 11th. If you have any additional information, I will be very grateful. I promise to let you know if I hear anything. regards

Riverview, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport open already

We have flights to Provo with WestJet out of Toronto booked for October 21-28. We received an email Friday that our flight is now listed as "unable to confirm". I checked Air Canada for these dates as well and was told they have cancelled flights as well until the end of October. West Jet said it is because of the Government of Canada's travel advisory against travel to Turks and Caicos. Has anyone experienced this before and is there a chance these flights will become available prior to October 21st? We will be so disappointed if we can't get there!

Riverview, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport open already

We have flights to Provo with WestJet out of Toronto booked for October 21-28. We received an email Friday that our flight is now listed as "unable to confirm". I checked Air Canada for these dates as well and was told they have cancelled flights as well until the end of October. West Jet said it is because of the Government of Canada's travel advisory against travel to Turks and Caicos. Has anyone experienced this before and is there a chance these flights will become available prior to October 21st? We will be so disappointed if we can't get there!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,553 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport open already

Funky, can you get there from US? US flights are flying-- or does the ban prevent that too? (In other words count the final destination)

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
7,470 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport open already

Seriously....

Flights are arriving in the am from the US.

Mike

Edited: 24 September 2017, 05:03
NH
Level Contributor
3,255 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport open already

@hwallace: That's hogwash! AA flights are NOT half full of Beaches clientele. The transfer pick-up for Club Med is right next to the Beaches pick-up. I've seen with my own two eyes how many people are checking in for Beaches. ...Yeah, there are a quite a few! ...But half a plane load????? "NOT!"

I have no doubt that you will see a "different" AA schedule emerge out of this; short term perhaps. Hurricane season is the slow season, anyway.

I'm pretty sure that AA will continue flying to PLS. ~~~allfins ><>

Reply to: Airport open already
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted