We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport departures - recent updates since virus?

Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
Airport departures - recent updates since virus?

Anybody leave recently and have an update on how the airport is? Starting to stress for our departure?

Austin
7 posts
1 review
1. Re: Airport departures - recent updates since virus?

I left yesterday - no problem at airport. Was in Provo May 8 - 24 shopped, dined all over (4 of us in our group) no one got sick.

N.Carolina
Level Contributor
147 posts
195 reviews
2. Re: Airport departures - recent updates since virus?

YEAH...so nice to hear good news......we Love TCI!!!!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
2 posts
93 reviews
3. Re: Airport departures - recent updates since virus?

Stayed in TCI from16-20 May Both my wife and I got sick. Horrible airport,packed with no place to sit. Wont go back ever.Customs were so slow and exhaustive ,I thought they were going to take blood next!TCI is too expensive ! Even a T-shirt costs 20-30$.Taxis were nonregulated sometimes varying in cost by 5$ for the same 5 minute ride!.At least the beach was nice .

LI NY
Level Contributor
437 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Airport departures - recent updates since virus?

Where did you stay?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
2 posts
93 reviews
5. Re: Airport departures - recent updates since virus?

I stayed at the West Bay Club. We ate at several restaurants incl Anacoana,Parallel 23, Coco Bistro ,,Somewhere,Bay Bistro.We had heard that it could have come from travelers from New York?New Jersey as they had several weddings during our stay .Dont know if that was the common denominator. The symptoms are very similar to the Nora virus.Diarrhea,nausea irritability and low grade fever and chills.12 hour incubation.Symptoms last for about 3 days.

LI NY
Level Contributor
437 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Airport departures - recent updates since virus?

3 days!

nyc
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Airport departures - recent updates since virus?

My husband and I flew back on may 20. My husband got sick while in Turks. Was better by the time we went back but there were 2 other passengers that we knew to be sick on our flight. I'm sure many more as the flight attendant was giving out sick bags and napkins prior to take off. One guy with the virus was sick in the airport bar while waiting to board. Another, more elderly guy had been dehydrated from diaherrea from the bug and required an IV to be administered in flight.

nyc
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Airport departures - recent updates since virus?

My husband and I flew back on may 20. My husband got sick while in Turks. Was better by the time we went back but there were 2 other passengers that we knew to be sick on our flight. I'm sure many more as the flight attendant was giving out sick bags and napkins prior to take off. One guy with the virus was sick in the airport bar while waiting to board. Another, more elderly guy had been dehydrated from diaherrea from the bug and required an IV to be administered in flight.

LI NY
Level Contributor
437 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Airport departures - recent updates since virus?

JetBlue?

Foxborough...
Level Contributor
2,714 posts
17 reviews
10. Re: Airport departures - recent updates since virus?

Just returned from a 9 day visit on Sunday and had no issues with illness. We went about the island freely and visited our normal places. Airport security line was out the door to the arrival door but we headed upstairs to the outdoor Sky Lounge and it was great. Had looked into the VIP Lounge but it was fully booked when i inquired.

Get answers to your questions about Turks and Caicos