We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel alternative to the Regent Grand

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Hotel alternative to the Regent Grand

We stayed at the RG over the years

Pricing for their rooms in February are $750 for poolside and $1000 oceanfront. Both 1 bedroom

Wanted to ask if the forum might suggest some of your accommodations i can use to compare quality and price. I’m already familiar with the VR next door

Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Troy, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Hotel alternative to the Regent Grand

What is it you like about the RG? Self catering and high luxury? Then look at the Venetian and the Tuscany but it won't be cheaper. If you are looking for a centralized location that is self catering, VR is your next best bet. You could also look at Le Vele, they are 2 resorts over from VR but all their rooms are ocean front. The 1 bedroom is 960 but you could look at a studio there for $660.

Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos, Providenciales, Grace Bay
Level Contributor
3,503 posts
302 reviews
2. Re: Hotel alternative to the Regent Grand

As you probably already know, your trips in February are smack dab in the middle of high season, so resort rates are going to be expensive.

Have you looked at Seven Stars, Somerset, The Palms, Grace's Cottage or Ocean Club West?

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
8,840 posts
42 reviews
3. Re: Hotel alternative to the Regent Grand

THG

I think you meant to say Point Grace rather than the restaurant (Grace's Cottage).

I think you have that chocolate soufflé on your mind. lol

Mike

Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos, Providenciales, Grace Bay
Level Contributor
3,503 posts
302 reviews
4. Re: Hotel alternative to the Regent Grand

I need a nap.

Thanks Mike!

Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Hotel alternative to the Regent Grand

If you do decide to stay at The Regent Grand, I would recommend that you book your unit directly with The Regent Grand. There is a rental group run by a group of owners called Bianca Sands. I've been staying at The Regent Grand for years and tried to book with them but there was no availability so I booked with Bianca Sands (it was also cheaper). Like they say, you get what you pay for. The experience was not comparable in the least bit to my prior stays. I learned my lesson and on my most recent stay I booked directly with The Regent Grand.

Wolcott, Connecticut
Level Contributor
825 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: Hotel alternative to the Regent Grand

Villa Del Mar located behind Grace Bay Club they have their own beach attendant and chairs on the beach 🏖 the oasis also has their own chairs on the beach.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
16,074 posts
25 reviews
7. Re: Hotel alternative to the Regent Grand

Are they sold out? If you’re a little more self catering then Bianca Sands might work for you

Or are you looking for something a little less?

Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Hotel alternative to the Regent Grand

Blamona, unless you've stayed and experienced both Regent Grand and Bianca Sands as I have, you might not want to recommend Bianca Sands. As I've mentioned, the experience doesn't come close to staying in a Regent Grand unit. The unit I stayed in through Bianca Sands wasn't anywhere as clean as the Regent Grand units I've stayed in (we avoided walking barefoot!) and the service wasn't even close (we had to carry our own luggage from the store front around the corner that we had to check in at). Those are just some of the examples of the differences between the two programs. If Animal C doesn't want to book through Regent Grand, I think Cheryl B's recommendations to look into Villa del Mar or Oasis are good ones. We've had friends stay at both and for the price had very positive things to stay about both properties.

Reply to: Hotel alternative to the Regent Grand
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted