We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can’t believe what happened re:somerset res. help ASAP!!

Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Can’t believe what happened re:somerset res. help ASAP!!

So I have been posting/messaging looking for guidance opinions....most recently last night re:layover/connecting time.

Long story short- we made a reservation at the somerset in a 3br ocean view estate via their website just on Tuesday.

Rec’d an email( and subsequently spoke to them ) saying it was a computer glitch and they actually have no inventory for our dates but could offer us a 2BR ocean view for first night and then move to a 3br pool view for the remainder (there are 7 of us)

I was so thrilled when I saw this available on their site as there had been no availability when I had been checking. I continued to check a couple of times daily hoping for a cancellation and thought we got lucky when it showed up. So I went ahead and cancelled our shore club reservation.

Do I just keep it at somerset despite having to switch rooms and be “pool view” or rebook at shore club which was ocean front?

Just so ironic that this happened after I booked the airfare for 7 of us 😂😭😂

The Venetian on Grace Bay
The Venetian on Grace Bay
#1 of 14 hotels in Grace Bay
The Tuscany
The Tuscany
#2 of 14 hotels in Grace Bay
Seven Stars Resort & Spa
Seven Stars Resort & Spa
#3 of 14 hotels in Grace Bay
15 replies to this topic
Troy, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Grace Bay
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can’t believe what happened re:somerset res. help ASAP!!

7 of you in a 2 bedroom?? How are they suggesting that you do that? Sounds like they need to give you another room to fit all 7 people.

If you are wanting Ocean Front, then I wouldn't stay at the place who can't keep its website correct. How about calling Val at turksandcaicosreservations.com and see what he can find for you. He knows what is available and can get you to another fine resort on Grace Bay. If you really want to stay on Long Bay, the Shore Club is still an option.

Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
6,164 Reviews
Providenciales
Long Bay Beach
Long Bay Beach
Providenciales
The Shore Club
The Shore Club
235 Reviews
Providenciales
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can’t believe what happened re:somerset res. help ASAP!!

Agree with whoever said they should give you two rooms. This their mistake and you bought plane tickets based on having that reservation! Call them back!

Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Can’t believe what happened re:somerset res. help ASAP!!

Yes she said they would give us roll aways for the one night in the 2BR then move to the 3br the remaining 6. Just finding limited availability since it’s in 3 weeks 😳 will call val

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,608 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can’t believe what happened re:somerset res. help ASAP!!

Are you also using a roll away bed at the 3 bedroom?

I think Shore Club is gorgeous, but Grace Bay blows away Long Bay, so I would stay at Grace Bay.

What about SC sister property Palms?

Or Seven Stars or Grace Bay Club are gorgeous too.

How is the 7th person sleeping anyway?

Mentioned in this post
The Shore Club
The Shore Club
235 Reviews
Providenciales
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
6,164 Reviews
Providenciales
Grace Bay Club
Grace Bay Club
1,876 Reviews
Providenciales
Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,426 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Can’t believe what happened re:somerset res. help ASAP!!

Major trip spoiler. 2 units to accommodate all of you the 1st (arrival) night~~no charge. There is no 2nd opinion on this one. Dr. Jim

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,426 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Can’t believe what happened re:somerset res. help ASAP!!

Major trip spoiler. 2 units to accommodate all of you the 1st (arrival) night~~no charge. There is no 2nd opinion on this one. I wouldn't acquiesce to anything short of this. Dr. Jim

Edited: 07 June 2018, 20:41
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Can’t believe what happened re:somerset res. help ASAP!!

@blamona so the 3BR sleeps 8. I believe all kings and one sofa bed. Worse case our 5 year old would probably play musical beds for the week sleeping with her sisters or us which is usually the case on vacations haha

Palms is booked

Grace bay and seven stars do have availability just at a price increase since somerset is offering a stay 7 pay 5

I reached out to them again to see if we could have 2 rooms the first night- will update 🙏🏻

Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
6,164 Reviews
Providenciales
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,608 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can’t believe what happened re:somerset res. help ASAP!!

Seven Stars usually has specials too—call direct and ask. (Or even ask for Ygrit, she no longer works in reservations but would be able to tell you who to talk to)

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
8,562 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can’t believe what happened re:somerset res. help ASAP!!

We've reached out to the GM at Somerset to assist.

Mike

Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Can’t believe what happened re:somerset res. help ASAP!!

Mike... appreciate your help, truly unexpected!! Will post the outcome one way or another!

Reply to: Can’t believe what happened re:somerset res. help ASAP!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted