We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castara

3 posts
Save Topic
Castara

Is Castara a good place to stay two weeks or should we stay at two places?

7 replies to this topic
Oxfordshire, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Castara

I personally would hate to repack to move to another place whilst on holiday. I would look at some of the reviews people have left whilst staying at the various accommodations there. You should be able to see what they did/ enjoyed etc. Since the mid 80’s I would pass Castara when driving around the island, stopping for a few minutes and then off again to complete my island tour. In May my wife and decided to go and spend 3/4 hours sitting on the beach and taking in lunch at the Castara Retreats. It was 10 out of 10!. The beach was quiet and great for swimming and the people we met endorsed why we continue to return to this wonderful island. There are lots of other beaches nearby to explore and you can hire a car and explore the island. So my response would be a great big YES stay there for 2 weeks.!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
833 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Castara

I personally love Castara. The beach is one of my favs for view and sandy bottom. The people are also down to earth and not hustling like other places. Big plus from me :)

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Castara

Thanks😎

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Castara

Thanks😎

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Tobago
Level Contributor
573 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Castara

You may not want to leave.......! But you can always come back !

Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
165 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Castara

Naturalist resort in castara is beautiful. Stayed twice

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Castara

We loved it, Alibaba,s Sea Breeze, coral reef right at beach. It is best to stay at least 3 nights to warrant kitchen set up. The only problem we had was not being able to get money out of the ATM. It is completely different from the Crown Point area. Alibabas had snorkeling equi to rent for cheap. There is a water gal that you can't miss. We Did not find out about it til the last day -no signs etc and I did not see any info in my pretrip research.

Reply to: Castara
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tobago
Recent Conversations