We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Trinidad worth the trip???

Beecher, Illinois
Level Contributor
13 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Is Trinidad worth the trip???

My H and I have a chance to go and stay free at the HR or Hilton (can't remember which) and pay our own AF & misc expenses. Is it worth it? We love St T and St J in the USVI and go just about every year. It's just about perfect for us...he just wants to relax in the ocean while I snorkel. How are the beaches in Trin for that because I read that they can be rough and not clear. Also, just how expensive is food and drinks there compared to USVI rates...we have also been to the Cayman Islands so we know how expensive it can get.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Trinidad worth the trip???

Tobago is worth it for wht you want to do, not Trinidad

Mentioned in this post
Tobago
Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
Chaguanas, Trinidad
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Trinidad worth the trip???

Trinidad does not have many nice beaches.If you're looking for wonderful water and places to do snorkeling then definitely Tobago.

Mentioned in this post
Trinidad
Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago
Tobago
Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Trinidad worth the trip???

Trinidad's north coast has a number of beautiful beaches, however, for snorkeling i would recommend Tobago. You'd get beaches with clear turquoise waters in Tobago and in Trinidad is where you'd get much more of the eco-tourism.

Hope this info could be helpful to you.

Mentioned in this post
Tobago
Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad
Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
13 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Trinidad worth the trip???

I would suggest Tobago, the beaches are rougher in Trinidad but the food is exquisite and culture rich. Other than snorkeling, you can go down the islands or see the pitch lake. you can keep busy there.

Mentioned in this post
Tobago
Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad
Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad
Level Contributor
59 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Trinidad worth the trip???

Depending on the length of your trip you can spend 2 days in Trinidad and the rest on the sister island Tobago. The food prices are cheaper in Trinidad and trying the street food is definitely a must. In Trinidad you can check out the Pitch Lake, the Caroni swamp some cultural places head down to Maracas bay and lay on the beach. For snorkelling and gorgeous beaches Tobago is the place to go, Store bay and Pigeon point beaches seem to be what you are looking for plus you should check out Nylon pool which is an shallow pool in the middle of the ocean very beautiful. Tobago is a just a 15mins flight from Trinidad.

Mentioned in this post
Trinidad
Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago
Tobago
Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
Maracas Bay
Maracas Bay
1,608 Reviews
Trinidad
Store Bay
Store Bay
348 Reviews
Tobago
Nylon Pool
Nylon Pool
714 Reviews
Tobago
Beecher, Illinois
Level Contributor
13 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Trinidad worth the trip???

Thanks to everyone that replied. We've decided not to go to because the hotel we'd have to stay at is on Trinidad so traveling over to Tabago everyday would be annoying. We'll stick to St T&St J for now and maybe someday we'll make it to Tabago.

Mentioned in this post
Trinidad
Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago
7. Re: Is Trinidad worth the trip???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2017, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Trinidad