We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do, safety, where to stay & partying

1 post
What to do, safety, where to stay & partying

I am going with my brother for new years, brining in 2018. He is a bit hesistent to go reading all these fearmongering posts about robberies etc. we are from nyc & travel all over the world.

I just want to know where should we get an airbnb. Where to party at night and meet cool local people women etc.

How readily available is uber at night from the places to party at. We are just basically going there to have fun, party & live life. Thanks a lot

3 replies to this topic
Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
83 reviews
1. Re: What to do, safety, where to stay & partying

You can probably go to the Hilton NYE party.

Most people stay at home in the night NYE with family & friends on what we call Ole Years Day.

New Years Day everything is closed.

1 post
1 review
2. Re: What to do, safety, where to stay & partying

Helton is a good hotel to stay and party at..

Try to be with local friends

2 posts
3. Re: What to do, safety, where to stay & partying

Driver - we used a local driver who was knowledgeable about the area. He drove us down to Pitch Lake and up to Maracas Bay and was able to speak to the various areas, landmarks, Trini culture, and places to eat. He was great. He drives a newer and clean car/van, has WiFi, is punctual, and drives safe. His name is Sherwin at 868-785-0097 or 868-330-4637.

Hotel - Hyatt Regency was nice, waterfront, and a good location.

Reply to: What to do, safety, where to stay & partying
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Trinidad