We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day Layover in Trinidad

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
One Day Layover in Trinidad

Me and my 3 friends are going on vacation, We land at 6am at POS on a wednesday then at 6:30pm we have a flight to Tobago.

Are there luggage lockers at POS airport for us to store our bags for the day?

What should we do with our time? We were thinking hang out at the beach and try local food.

Whats the best beach/restauraunt/transport options also what would traffic be like at those times? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! We are all in our late 20s!

Thanks

N

Mentioned in this post
Tobago
Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
3 replies to this topic
Port of Spain...
Level Contributor
161 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Day Layover in Trinidad

as soon as you arrive and clear immigration and customs go across to the Tobago terminal which is in the same building and say you just arrived from ..... and if you can be put on an earlier flight to Tobago. They would try and accommodate you once you go quickly to the Tobago counter.

Mentioned in this post
Tobago
Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,414 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One Day Layover in Trinidad

With the beach relatively far away and the unpredictable traffic I wouldn't try going to the beach. The best beaches are in Tobago anyway. If you can't do as suggested in #1, take a taxi to the nearby Trin City Mall (about 1 mile from the airport) and hang out there. You can get local food there also.

Mentioned in this post
Tobago
Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One Day Layover in Trinidad

Trinidad only has one really nice beach. It is quite a ways away from the airport and traffic can be unpredictable. You could go into POS, but the airport is not that close to even that.

Mentioned in this post
Trinidad
Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago
Reply to: One Day Layover in Trinidad
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Trinidad