We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trindad to Tobago flight - and Christmas Day taxis

SF, CA
Level Contributor
17 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Trindad to Tobago flight - and Christmas Day taxis

Hi all,

I will be arriving at Port of Spain airport at 3:33PM on 12/25 from MIA. I want to go onwards to Tobago that day by plane. I know that are lots of flights from Trinidad to Miami, how long does it usually take to clear customs, get our luggage, and check in again in time for the flight? (I couldn't route Miami to Tobago in one ticket unfortunately). If I find I'm able to make an earlier flight and there's room, will they allow changes in Trinidad?

Second question - since I'm arriving Christmas day, will it be hard to find a taxi from the Tobago airport to my hotel?

Thanks!

Edited: 06 November 2017, 12:46
Mentioned in this post
Tobago
Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad
Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago
1 reply
Port of Spain...
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trindad to Tobago flight - and Christmas Day taxis

you have to book NOW for flights to tobago. go on the Caribbean Airlines website and book the dates and times you want to check in but giving yourself enough time for clearing immigration and customs, which may take you an hour or half an hour. rememeber that there may be long lines of persons arriving at Christmas, so average the hours you want to fly to Tobago taking this into consideration. You would have to look at Trinidad to Tobago on Caribbean airlines and book. You may want to give yourself a 5:00 p.m. or 5:30 p.m. flight to Tobago. If you want after clearing customs and you are outside you can go straight to the counter and ask about your flight, you can go on the side and ask and then they may direct you to join the line or put you on an earlier flight depending on crowd. The other part of your answer is there are registered taxis in the airport so that should not be a problem in Tobago.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Tobago
Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad
Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago
Reply to: Trindad to Tobago flight - and Christmas Day taxis
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted