We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to ferry in time after flight.

2 posts
Getting to ferry in time after flight.

We are traveling to Bequia in January for an extended stay of a little over 5 weeks, flying out of Toronto and arriving in St Vincent at 4:10 pm. Last ferry to Bequia is at 6:00 pm, is there enough time for us to catch the ferry. Or should I book a room for the night in St Vincent?

6 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
431 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: Getting to ferry in time after flight.

Hi Richard. If the flight is on time, you should have no issues. That said, January is a busy time and it’s possible you might not find good accommodation at short notice if things go wrong. So if you’re going to be on Bequia for 5 weeks, maybe plan to stay on St Vincent the first night anyway, so there’s no stress either way?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
1,677 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Getting to ferry in time after flight.

Book a room and relax. Sometimes customs and immigration can take a while as well.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: Getting to ferry in time after flight.

I found a driver that called ahead to the ferry and said we were coming and the ferry left 10 minutes late. Tips for everyone. 💰💰💰💰

UK
Level Contributor
671 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Getting to ferry in time after flight.

Yes most drivers will do that if they know they are going to be a just a few minutes late, but it's up to the ferry Captain whether he'll delay departure so no taxi driver can guarantee that. Given all the delays and stress that can occur of any trip, and given you have a long stay, I'd book a room, get a good night's sleep and take the early ferry. You will be at your Bequia accommodation before 10am with the whole day ahead of you. And arriving in Bequia by ferry in daylight is far the best way to get your first sight of the island........

Edited: 11 October 2018, 12:45
2 posts
5. Re: Getting to ferry in time after flight.

Thanks for all the advice, we have booked a room for the night in Kingstown.

2 posts
6. Re: Getting to ferry in time after flight.

Good choice Richard. I agree with the responses above. It is one less thing to worry about.

Reply to: Getting to ferry in time after flight.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bequia