We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip Bequia/St Vincent - Tobago Cays

1 post
Day trip Bequia/St Vincent - Tobago Cays

Hi everyone,

We're a couple trying to decide if to stay in St Vincent or Bequia for 4 days at the beginning of November.

We'd really like to do a day trip to the Tobago Cays/Mayreau, but as it is still the low season, it seems it's harder to confirm trips.

Does anyone in the community know if it's easier to plan a day trip from Bequia vs St Vincent? And who we can contact?

Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Door County WI
Level Contributor
308 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Day trip Bequia/St Vincent - Tobago Cays

Bequia to Tobago Cay is probably easier. We took the Freindship rose. To get to Mayreau, it is probably easier to get there from St Vincent. I think there is a ferry. I would stay on Bequia and skip Mayreau. Mayreau has great beaches, but so does Bequia.

Bequia
Level Contributor
123 posts
106 reviews
2. Re: Day trip Bequia/St Vincent - Tobago Cays

It is easier to get the Cays from Bequia if you want a trip with a small number. Easier from St. Vincent to book a tour with a large group. For a personal trip from the dingy dock in Bequia, contact Michael Bynoe, http://www.bequia.net/michael_tours/

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,306 posts
51 reviews
3. Re: Day trip Bequia/St Vincent - Tobago Cays

I agree. ! Go to Bequia and enjoy. More than enough to do for four days right there. Contact Michael and let Him know you would like to visit the Cays. Either You can pay for the entire boat or He will do His best to get together a group wanting to go at the same time.

2 posts
4. Re: Day trip Bequia/St Vincent - Tobago Cays

The type of trip you want to take to the Cays is worthwhile to think about. Mangoman mentioned that larger group outings typically depart from St. Vincent. The larger groups also can save you some dollars. However, Bequia is a nicer place to be for 4 days in my opinion. You won't have a problem organizing a trip from Bequia.

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Day trip Bequia/St Vincent - Tobago Cays

when we first came to Bequia 30 years ago we spent a few days in St. Vincent, since at that time you had to go to St. Vincent before coming to Bequia by ferry, but when we got to Bequia within a 1/2 an hour we both looked at each other and said 'why did we waste any time in St Vincent'...my opinion hasn't changed...I go across as little as possible...having said that though, there is some pretty scenery and some interesting things to see, if you want to go across for a day...4 days in Bequia is not enough, but once you fall in love with Bequia, you can always come back...

Reply to: Day trip Bequia/St Vincent - Tobago Cays
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bequia