We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis

Newcastle UK
Level Contributor
319 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis

Any idea of cost of taxi from Kingstown to BB plan getting local van there but prob taxi back. Also plan on visiting Bequia getting ferry but cost of taxi to do tour of Bequai so we have enough ECD. Also cost of lunch and ferry ?Thanks

1. Re: Taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2016, 17:53
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
648 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis

Man, I was only there two months ago and can't remember the details. Plus, unlike you, I was trying to relate the $EC to $US. For what it's worth, my overall impression, I felt we were paying about half what I'd expect to pay in Canada for the meals, taxis and ferries (and our dollar was just about at par with the $US).

I think things in the UK are still relatively expensive compared to what we pay in North America, so you'd be quite safe estimating to pay half what you'd pay at home in the UK. What would you expect to pay as a foot passenger on a ferry in the UK for a one-hour ride? Halve that. What would you expect to pay for a one-hour taxi ride? Halve that.

Lunch is more problematic, because, of course, it depends whether you want a tasty but simple roti, or you want drinkies, a platter, and a tablecloth. We paid less than $10 US for two delicious rotis (one each, it was plenty) in Kingstown, in a sit down restaurant. No tablecloths, paper napkins, and I think we paid a couple of bucks for our cokes on top of that. We paid about $20 US for lunch for two at Da Reef on Bequia (more upscale) for very good soup and a sandwich each. We might have even had a beer each included in that price. Here at home, we would pay $20 per person for what we got - there, it was about $20 for two.

So divide everything in half compared to what you'd normally pay, maybe add a little for contingency, and you probably have a pretty accurate idea of how much EC you will need.

Hope this helps.

3. Re: Taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 23:45
Get answers to your questions about St. Vincent