We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dennis' Hideaway Mayreau

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,469 posts
51 reviews
73 helpful votes
Dennis' Hideaway Mayreau

Has anyone else received a very concerning email from Dennis? We have not stayed there in about 6 years and had one this am. Not sure if it is from Him or a hoax.

21 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
9 reviews
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Dennis' Hideaway Mayreau

We are leaving for Canouan today for 4 nights, and we will be checking in at Dennis Hideaway on the

13th, booked through Airbnb .. And have not heard anything from Dennis or Airbnb ..

Whatever concerns you I hope it is only a hoax

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,469 posts
51 reviews
73 helpful votes
2. Re: Dennis' Hideaway Mayreau

Irene I sent You a Private Msg. Don't want to put details here. It might be smart to call down to Mayreau to cofirm or have someone on Canouan call for You to verify your stay. I don't have #s for other's on Mayreau. The folks at Paradise there on Mayreau are very nice and may know if Dennis is on island and the Guest House open.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
1,789 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Dennis' Hideaway Mayreau

Dennis is an excellent chef and the food is exquisite.

He is less of a hotelier. The hotel is adequate and clean and safe. Just a bit worn around the edges, last time I was there (4 years ago). There are really no other reasonable choices and Mayreau is an island that should be experienced.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,469 posts
51 reviews
73 helpful votes
4. Re: Dennis' Hideaway Mayreau

dwhopper I sent You a PM. I was hoping someone who was there recently would respond. I would advise anyone heading there soon to call and verify the reservation.

Watertown...
Level Contributor
155 posts
24 reviews
29 helpful votes
5. Re: Dennis' Hideaway Mayreau

Hi All, I received an email too. I am hoping it is a hoax, but it does seem to "sound" like him. We haven't stayed there in 6 years. His staff is great, and is is an amazing cook, and can be a great host. For those of you who are going there if you have an issue with the Hideaway there are a few people on the island who have rooms to rent. Robert Righteous has one, at the top of the hill across from the Hideaway. Please let us know the outcome.

Edited: 10 October 2018, 02:30
JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,469 posts
51 reviews
73 helpful votes
6. Re: Dennis' Hideaway Mayreau

Yes Robert does and I think Paradise still has one as well.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
459 posts
72 reviews
46 helpful votes
7. Re: Dennis' Hideaway Mayreau

I have it too - but I don’t actually know him, which perhaps makes it more likely to be a hoax. Will be great if someone can check in with him, though.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
10 reviews
7 helpful votes
8. Re: Dennis' Hideaway Mayreau

If it's one of those "I'm stranded in another country and need money" it's a hoax and happened to me when my email inbox got hacked. The message was sent to all my contacts and I only found out when I received a ton of concerned messages.

London, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
9 reviews
1 helpful vote
9. Re: Dennis' Hideaway Mayreau

We have been trying to get in touch with Dennis via email, whatsupp, Airbnb, phone

And no luck so far.

Is anyone out there now ??????

Watertown...
Level Contributor
155 posts
24 reviews
29 helpful votes
10. Re: Dennis' Hideaway Mayreau

You need to contact Air BnB directly. Let them know whats happening. They will offer some assistance. It might be worth it to contact Micheal Tours to see if he's been there lately with a group, he might know what's up.

Reply to: Dennis' Hideaway Mayreau
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. Vincent and the...
Recent Conversations