We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Taxi from Nevis to St. Kitts

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Water Taxi from Nevis to St. Kitts

Hello.

I am trying to organize a two-week/two-island vacation to these lovely islands. Flying home out of St. Kitts on a Saturday, and we will likely be in Nevis at that point. We are hearing some concerns about the Ferries from our friends who travelled there before. Such as not leaving if waters are choppy or not sticking to any sort of schedule. And I have read some concerns on the travel forums. If we have to make an afternoon flight, I would assume that an early ferry would get us there on time, but I would like to have a no-rush morning.

So, would a better option be to book a water taxi back to St. Kitts? And could the experts here recommend a reliable water taxi service to take us from Nevis to Kitts?

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,619 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Taxi from Nevis to St. Kitts

If the ferries aren't running because of rough seas neither will the water taxis - it will be much too rough for the smaller boats used for water taxis, in fact they ferries will be able to run in much higher seas.

For water taxi sercice from Nevis contact:

Nevis Water sports at Oulalie Beach - www.fishnevis.com.

FYI for ferry schedules for your planed dates of travel go here:

http://boatschedule.leytonms.com/index.php

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
856 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Taxi from Nevis to St. Kitts

Hello MeliaMelodee,

I am also in the "same boat" as you! My friends and I are planning out a two-island stay, but really wanted to head to the airport and our flight home, from Nevis. If I recall correctly, when I was in St. Kitts and Nevis last year, it was late April/early May ... the waters seemed relatively calm, and there was not a who lot of rain. We did have one big ferry issue on a Sunday or Monday, I believe ... it was a long weekend and the main ferry was diverted to take locals to a neighboring island for duty-free shopping. So, the ferries were not running accorind to any kind of discernable schedule, though they were running. The SeaBridge car ferry seemed to be on schedule that day though.

For our upcoming trip, I am keeping my fingers crossed. We plan on taking an early morning ferry. Check in early at the airport and then back to Basseterre for lunch at Circus Grill or Ballahoo. Who knows, our trips may coincide! Good luck with your decisions!

3. Re: Water Taxi from Nevis to St. Kitts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 16:58
Get answers to your questions about Nevis
Recent Conversations