We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is 'backtothecaribbean.com' legit?

southern california
Level Contributor
21 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
is 'backtothecaribbean.com' legit?

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if the abovementioned in the title legit? My friend's mom called yesterday saying that someone from that company called and said she'd one an 8 night stay at a choice of resrts from bonaire, st kitts, grand cayman, etc. All she had to do was pay $500. I told my friend it's either a scam or if legit a timeshare venture. I went to their site and sure enough it's a timeshare thing. Her mom even called the resort and they verified the affiliation. Should she ck anywhere else?

Thanks in advance

maryland
2 posts
Save Reply
51. Re: is 'backtothecaribbean.com' legit?

I paid $500 to this company about 7 months ago and I called their number (800-578-0438) today to schedule a vacation. A recorded message said, "you do not have any credit - goodbye." I went to the website (www.bttc.backtofun.com) and the site not longer exists. I think I have been scammed. Anyone know how I might get some of my money back?

Kissimmee Florida
Destination Expert
for Kissimmee
Level Contributor
3,566 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: is 'backtothecaribbean.com' legit?

Back to the Caribbean is or was based in Ft. Lauderdale Florida. As such they are regulated by the Florida Department of Agriculture.

Their complait web site is http://www.800helpfla.com/complnt.html.

CTR

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Florida
Florida
United States
new york
1 post
Save Reply
53. Re: is 'backtothecaribbean.com' legit?

hi i also got the phone call and paid 500 dollars but lost there number to book my trip. can anyone give it to me, i dont want to loose my money. thank you

Georgetown, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: is 'backtothecaribbean.com' legit?

We just returned from a cruise to the Western Caribbean a couple of weeks ago. Today we received a call that we had "won" a trip to our choice of Cancun or Puerto Rico for 6 nights/7days, (that we had won for a form we had filled out in Jamaca), and basically the same info that I have read in all of the above posts. For our trip we paid (by credit card) $249 per person, and our trip included two additional 3/night, 4 day stays in our choice of a number of US locations.

He told us to look up the vacations at www.backtofun.com. You will note that all of the information is there. He advised us that there is a toll free customer service number - 1877-267-2897. He told us that we will receive an email within 24 hours, restating the details, and that we should receive a packet within a week with everything on paper. Perhaps the web address, and the toll free number will be of help to someone.

He told us that they did not use "backtothecaribbean" as a web address because nobody can spell caribbean... :-)

Actually I feel pretty good about this...the cruise I supposedly "won" this on was for looking at a timeshare. We will see what we will see.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Caribbean
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
55. Re: is 'backtothecaribbean.com' legit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 22:49