We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning my week's itinerary....

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
117 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Planning my week's itinerary....

Hi Forum Folks...

Well, I've booked my vacation to GC, leaving 2 weeks from today. Got an awesome deal at the Marriott using my points. Generally I like to stay in a condo on a deserted stretch of beach, but beggars can't be choosy!

Usually I'm not a planner, but I'm thinking with these ^(&#) cruise ships, planning might be wise. So, I need help your help! I'm not much of a shopper, I'm more of an outdoorsy, laid back, don't need alot of glitz or 'manufactured fun' kinda gal. I want to dive a few days (probably 3), maybe some windsurfing, maybe rent a small Hobie for the day, relax/snorkel on undiscovered beaches, that kinda thing.

So, my and the cruise ships schedule (from the GC port authority) are below. Any recommendations for when to do what would be greatly appreciated!!!

Friday 3/6: Arrive in GC at 2pm. No ships in port

Sat-Mon (3/7-3/9): No ships in port

Tues-Thur (3/10-3/12): Lots of ships in port

Friday 3/13: Flight leaves at 1:30pm.

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning my week's itinerary....

I just booked a one week trip for June. We first visited the island in December 2007 on one of those ^(&#) cruise ships. :)

Decided we wanted to see more. Even though it won't be nearly as busy in June, I'm thinking I should somewhat plan around the ship schedules. Fortunately, there are only two days during out stay when more than one ship is in port.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
117 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning my week's itinerary....

Sorry, no offense to the cruise ship folks. I know for some people it's a good way to see remote destinations.

I guess I'm just concerned about how busy this little island will get when 5k people drop in for the day...

Jen

3. Re: Planning my week's itinerary....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 03:49