We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any opinions on Harbor View Apartments

Chicago
Level Contributor
298 posts
70 reviews
Any opinions on Harbor View Apartments

I'm there at the end of January for 4 days and the hotel prices are taking my breath away. Harbor View was the best rate – they have a full ocean view unit that I can afford. I'm hoping that I won't need a rental car the entire time (planning on a 1-day rental to check out the island). Thoughts?

10 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
721 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Any opinions on Harbor View Apartments

I’ve never stayed there but the location in on a bus route and you can walk to some restaurants and Kirk’s grocery store.

MA
Level Contributor
721 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Any opinions on Harbor View Apartments

I’ve stayed there twice a few years back. If you are not looking for the Ritz and want a place that is clean and inexpensive then it will be perfect. I never spend a lot of time in the room so am easy to please. The beach there is not great, but there is sand and a gazebo, a ladder to get in to snorkel and when I stayed there a grill. I suggest you rent a car so you can get around easily to explore.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach
Level Contributor
1,699 posts
1 review
3. Re: Any opinions on Harbor View Apartments

It is not really a hotel in the true sense. Did you look at Sunshine Suites or Comfort Suites?

MA
Level Contributor
721 posts
31 reviews
4. Re: Any opinions on Harbor View Apartments

I just reread your post- you do not necessarily need to rent a car from this location. You can walk to some restaurants or take taxi or bus. A grocery store is a five minute walk away.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Any opinions on Harbor View Apartments

Agree prices have escalated beyond belief! Have never stayed at Harbor View since our preference is to be located directly on swath of spacious pristine beachfront. You will be close to GT and also awesome Kirk's grocery; with a rental car within short drive to lovely Governors Beach and other areas that might be to your liking.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
11,031 posts
81 reviews
6. Re: Any opinions on Harbor View Apartments

So it just depends on what you are looking for. Great location. Major upscale development going in next door. Not that much in walking distance right now. I live across the bypass so I know. Lovely space on the beach. Public beach is on the north side new development on the south

GC
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
805 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Any opinions on Harbor View Apartments

Retrip,

I think you are describing Harbour Heights, not Harbor View.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
11,031 posts
81 reviews
8. Re: Any opinions on Harbor View Apartments

Oops. Yes. Sorry. I haven’t been on a the property but location wise there are better options. Have you looked at Cayman Reef Resort, Regal Beach etc?

Edited: 16 November 2018, 17:37
MA
Level Contributor
721 posts
31 reviews
9. Re: Any opinions on Harbor View Apartments

For the price- if you are just looking for a place to lay your head and that is clean and inexpensive- this is a good, basic option. It is not a hotel. It is not the Ritz. It is a reasonable accommodation for someone not looking to spend a lot on lodging, but enjoy GC. A lot of repeat guests stay here as it is reasonable and clean.

MA
Level Contributor
721 posts
31 reviews
10. Re: Any opinions on Harbor View Apartments

Comfort Suites, Sunshine Suites would be the hotels to look at if trying to save some money. Also, Grand Caymanian ( would need to rent a car) is a cheaper option, but must drive to beach.

Reply to: Any opinions on Harbor View Apartments
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted