We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice family dinner Christmas Eve or Christmas Day

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Nice family dinner Christmas Eve or Christmas Day

Our family of four, 2 parents 2 older teens, will be traveling over Xmas holidays. Am trying to secure dinner reservations for many nights. Thinking of going to Luca for Xmas eve night or Xmas night. Any thoughts as far as which night would be more special to go? Anywhere else others would recommend for either night? Staying on 7 mile and will have car.

8 replies to this topic
Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
11,034 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: Nice family dinner Christmas Eve or Christmas Day

The two days to worry about are Christmas Day and Boxing Day You should be making the reservations ASAP. I made mine months ago. Lots of choices but places may be filling up by now. Christmas lunch is a big thing here as in the U.K.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
246 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Nice family dinner Christmas Eve or Christmas Day

We’ve booked Christmas Eve at Bacaro. We are there this summer and it was one of the best meals ever and that includes the many amazing meals having lived in New Orleans.

We had trouble finding a place open for dinner Christmas night. So we are planning to cook at the condo. We are beach people and so brunch doesn’t work for us.

Calypso Grill one of my favorites isn’t taking holiday reservations until Oct 16th. It’s one of my favorites and I am planning to email and call on Oct 16th.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Nice family dinner Christmas Eve or Christmas Day

Thank you, we sound alike!! I will look at Bacaro, was also interested in Luca. Also plan to go to Calypso, went last year and it was one of our favorites!!!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
246 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Nice family dinner Christmas Eve or Christmas Day

I love Luca’s sister restaurant Ragazzi. We usually go at least twice each trip. Once for me to get my favorite Arugula pizza and once for their stand fare which is anything but standard. Great wine list. Kids will love it too. My nephew is still talking about their Profiteroles he had 5+ years ago.

George Town, Grand...
4 posts
5. Re: Nice family dinner Christmas Eve or Christmas Day

Agua at Camana Bay is a great option as well.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
11,034 posts
81 reviews
6. Re: Nice family dinner Christmas Eve or Christmas Day

I hope you are renting a car. Some of the Christmas decorations at private homes are off the charts. There are two absolutely incredible houses where you are welcomed to walk through the properties and enjoy their wonderful hospitality out by the Tomlinson Roundabout. Another incredible property is lovely home right across from Sunset House. Honestly you will be blown away.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
11,034 posts
81 reviews
7. Re: Nice family dinner Christmas Eve or Christmas Day

Just got The Christmas email from The RC. They do many events. We worth visiting their lobby to see the wonderful chef creations alone.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
246 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Nice family dinner Christmas Eve or Christmas Day

Has anyone dine the National Trust Christmas Lights Bus Tour? Is it worth the time investment?

Reply to: Nice family dinner Christmas Eve or Christmas Day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman