We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain in August?

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Rain in August?

Hi,

Hoping to visit in later August for 3-4 days. How rainy is it really? Is it rainy days on end, all day long, an hour here and there,... (Not worried about Hurricanes.)

Thanks!

21 replies to this topic
Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain in August?

Your answer is that it can be all of the above. The usual is a passing afternoon shower, somewhere on the island, if it rains at all.

2. Re: Rain in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 June 2018, 22:35

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain in August?

Thank you!

Montego Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
170 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain in August?

Lol. Good one, smushie ;o)

If only we could predict the weather this far in advance or at all.

New York, New York
Level Contributor
170 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain in August?

These kind of responses are not helpful and border on nasty. If you don’t like the question just ignore it. It’s not like monitoring trip advisor is your job.

New York, New York
Level Contributor
170 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain in August?

I travel to the islands regularly in summertime. Here’s what I tell folks. It beats the subway in August. Weather in the islands is highly changeable rain showers can pass through. Usually quick, but sometimes not. It will be hot and humid but the best cooling off is steps away in the warm tranquil sea. I don’t think you will be disappointed if you decide to make the trip!

New York, New York
Level Contributor
170 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain in August?

August can be very hot in NYC and frequently heat advisories are issued. Rain in the PM is common as the heat builds through the day and rises up from all the concrete and asphalt. Central Park is a lovely oasis from the City center. I hope you enjoy your trip.....See it’s easy to be nice.

Level Contributor
20 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain in August?

👍🏼

New York
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain in August?

The average August temperature is 88/81 with an average rainfall of 6.47 and with a sea temperature an average of 84 degrees.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
8,920 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rain in August?

saliorgirlnyc, so what you’re saying is that the weather on random days a few months from now could be basically anything: oppressively hot, raining, or sunny? Thank you so much for explaining that so politely!

I nominate you to answer all future unanswerable questions about weather weeks/months from now that get asked every few days on this forum. Clearly you have a knack for politely explaining that nobody has a clue.

Reply to: Rain in August?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted