We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Daily Specials/Happy Hour Meals

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
20 posts
57 reviews
Best Daily Specials/Happy Hour Meals

We will be staying at the Westin for two weeks and would like to explore as many restaurants as possible without breaking the bank. I plan on renting a car for one week, so suggestions within walking distance as well as some that I can drive to are much appreciated. We typically have a drink with dinner that consists of beef or chicken entrees with pizza or pasta thrown in every now and then (no seafood). We will have our 10 year old son, who is willing to try anything once unlike his parents. We visited Grand Cayman 5 years ago, so we realize that food costs alot, so I am not so much worried about staying under a certain $ amount. My main goal is to have a great dining experience every night (beachfront dining, Cruise & BBQ, fabulous meal on a picnic table,etc) while saving a few bucks.

14 replies to this topic
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
6,462 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Best Daily Specials/Happy Hour Meals

For walking Sunshine Grille which is relatively inexpensive and quite good. Short drive to Macabucca a definite. A

drive just a mile or so south of GeorgeTown to My Bar at Sunset House. Also Morgan’s a short drive and wonderful. Ragazzi is another one not that far of a walk away and excellent. Even closer is Edoardo’s for dinner.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Best Daily Specials/Happy Hour Meals

We enjoy the Happy Hour (and meals) at Tukka on the East End because you can watch the frigate bird feeding on the deck during Happy Hour. Your son might enjoy that!

https:/…

By any chance will you be visiting the island in October? I ask because that is Restaurant Month and many places feature special pre-fixe menu options for discounted prices.

https:/…

Utah
Level Contributor
174 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Best Daily Specials/Happy Hour Meals

The poolside bar right there at the Westin has happy hour food and drink specials 5:00-7:00. Macabuca’s a go-to for reasonably priced good food and drinks. Macabuca also has Monday night all you can eat BBQ for $17 CI. Hemingway’s is great, too.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
236 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Best Daily Specials/Happy Hour Meals

The link below is an event calendar and provides some info on specials.

http://www.explorecayman.com/event-calendar

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,151 posts
100 reviews
5. Re: Best Daily Specials/Happy Hour Meals

Some other suggestions:

Chicken! Chicken!

Cimboco

Pretty much any of the restaurants in Camana Bay (my fave is Brooklyn)

Do the Rum Point Club dinner with the catamaran ride to and from - costs whatever you order off the menu plus $5 per person for the boat ride, which in my opinion is well worth it. Your 10 year-old may enjoy being out on a sailboat.

Niles, Michigan
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Best Daily Specials/Happy Hour Meals

We just got back from Sunshine suites, which is just off the beach from the Westin. I recommend Eats Cafe right across the street from the Westin. Their prices are much lower than most restaurants in the area and their food is excellent. I also think Chicken Chicken is a must on your vacation, their regular and jerk chicken is excellent and cheap.

Edited: 08 June 2018, 21:11
chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,251 posts
20 reviews
7. Re: Best Daily Specials/Happy Hour Meals

June happy hours and more

whatshot.ky/2018/06/whats-on-when-june-2018/

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Best Daily Specials/Happy Hour Meals

Duke's Seafood and Rib Shack is a 10 minute walk North of Westin.All you can eat BBQ three nights a week,one includes lobster. Excellent for families and great Tiki Bar,our group of 10 included 6 adults and 4 kids, very welcoming. Some nights we carried out when kids were tired,Enjoy!

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
20 posts
57 reviews
9. Re: Best Daily Specials/Happy Hour Meals

Thank you all. We will be there over Easter 2019 for 12 days.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,879 posts
81 reviews
10. Re: Best Daily Specials/Happy Hour Meals

Lots of changes will happen after low season. Suggest you might restart search around Thanksgiving. September/October is very busy behind the scenes in the restaurant/bar industry. Renovations, new owners, new chefs possibly menus. The changes can make an okay place great or sadly a great place okay or worse.

Reply to: Best Daily Specials/Happy Hour Meals
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted