We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel, Mexico, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Calgary AB Canada
7 posts
Save Topic
Cozumel, Mexico, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Jamaica

My wife and I are going on a Carnival Cruise to: Cozumel, Mexico, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Jamaica Feb 12, 2005 & looking to talk to or meet others who might be going or have gone.

Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel, Mexico, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Jamaica

My mother and I are thinking of taking this trip as well, only in May. I would love to keep in touch with you to know how you and your wife liked it.

I have been on one Carnival cruise that went to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. I absolutely loved Grand Cayman and swimming with the stingrays. They won't barter much on goods with you, but the experience is delightful. Cozumel wasn't my favorite place and if I go there again, I will be laying out on the beach most of the day. In Cozumel, they will barter with you on the prices and actually seem to get quite the thrill from doing so.

Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel, Mexico, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Jason: My mother and I are thinking of taking this trip as well, only at the end of May. I would love to keep in touch with you to know how you and your wife liked it.

I have been on one Carnival cruise that went to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. I absolutely loved Grand Cayman and swimming with the stingrays. They won't barter much on goods with you, but the experience is delightful. Cozumel wasn't my favorite place and if I go there again, I will be laying out on the beach most of the day. In Cozumel, they will barter with you on the prices and actually seem to get quite the thrill from doing so.

~Stacie~

Clarkston, MI
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel, Mexico, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Jamaica

We are taking this cruise March 27...please let me know how yours was and what you recommend to do. Thanks!

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel, Mexico, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Jamaica

We took this cruise itinerary 5 years ago on Carnival. We fell in love with Grand Cayman and have been back to stay on the island for entire vacations the past 2 years. Cozumel brought back visits to Mexico several years ago and this year we are going to Cancun and Riviera Maya. We did not care for Jamaica 20 years ago and still don't. Too many offers for drugs and just a general uncomfortable feeling while there. We did the Stingray City tour in Cayman on two different occasions and this is a MUST! In Jamaica, climbed Dunn's River Falls which was great. Cozumel was rainy, so did not tour, but later in the day when it cleared up, we snorkeled at La Ceiba. I've heard that you can buy a day pass for El Presidente resort. They are said to have excellent snorkeling right there, so I would do that if I were on a cruise again. Cruising is a great way to get a taste of many islands so you can return to those you liked best. Have a wonderful trip!

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel, Mexico, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Oops! Sorry, I didn't read the date of the original post. Let us know how your trip was!