We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry airport departure

jacksonville, fl
Level Contributor
133 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry airport departure

Can i take the 11 or noon ferry on Sunday to make it to the airport in c amalie fr a 4 pm flight on spirit airlines?

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
555 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry airport departure

No! You need to take the earlier ferry.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry airport departure

How much time do you recommend to allow for RT departure to STT flight out?

jacksonville, fl
Level Contributor
133 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry airport departure

Thk. I have the option of goin back sat to stt. Didn't know whether to do that or stay in tortola and leave sun morning.

Springfield, VA
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry airport departure

You should take the 9:00 AM Roadtown Fast Ferry that arrives at the Charlotte Amalie dock (5 minutes from the airport) at 0950. https://www.roadtownfastferry.com/. Once you arrive, the ferry will hold your bags and you have plenty of time to go grab a late leisurely breakfast in downtown, get your bags and make it to the airport with breaking room. Sundays are a busy travel day, so I would allow at least two hours before departure to get through customs and check in (unless Spirit says otherwise).

Edited: 13 March 2017, 18:22
Illinois
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry airport departure

So I have a similar question, we are staying in Long Bay, Tortola. Our return flight is with American Airlines on Wednesday @ 3:30pm out of STT. We all have TSA pre-check - not sure if that will help at the airport.

Do we really need to take the morning ferry? We were planning on a late morning or mid-day ferry.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry airport departure

For AA you need to be at the airport 3 hours prior. TSA pre-check enables you not to remove your shoes - that is about it. You also have to clear customs upon arrival in STT or at Cruz Bay if you go to Red Hook. You need to factor all that stuff in. I would rather be early and would probably opt for an earlier ferry vs. a later ferry.

7. Re: Ferry airport departure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2018, 06:48
Get answers to your questions about Road Town