We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lighthouse villas or Mongoose Apartments?

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
185 posts
235 reviews
Lighthouse villas or Mongoose Apartments?

We are staying for 5 nights in December with our 2 sons and want to be close (walking distance) to Cane Garden Bay. We have narrowed if down to Lighthouse Villas and Mongoose Apartments. Anyone have thoughts or opinions on either? Also, we will be there on Christmas Day- will much be opened? Thanks!

New Paltz, New York
Level Contributor
965 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Lighthouse villas or Mongoose Apartments?

I can only comment on Lighthouse villas. We had a very good experience there. It was very close to everything and yet not right next door to the nightly music. We have two boys and I wanted them to be able to go to bed at a reasonable hour and this location helped. The place is clean and has the basics. There is a little balcony which had an amazing view. My husband and I loved sitting out there at night watching the boats and having a cocktail while the kids decompressed in their room. They shared a bed and the room had A/C which they controlled which was good. My husband and I had the bed out in the main area which I liked. I have a sleepwalker and being able to see if he got up was appreciated.

You can walk to everywhere easily from there. The only drawback was the parking. It is available but the villa is up on a hill and it is quite steep for getting the car up there! You will manage!

Boston
Level Contributor
6,903 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: Lighthouse villas or Mongoose Apartments?

Normally, I would recommend Mongoose but I think Sandra is gone and have not read any reviews in a few months It is a great property, on the quiet end of CGB but no views as it is across the street from the beach - but the owners house is right on the beach with the chairs, floats, etc. Have you had any contact with Mongoose?

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
185 posts
235 reviews
3. Re: Lighthouse villas or Mongoose Apartments?

Thanks for the replies. Mongoose was onairbnb so we were requested to book that way if we chose that.

4. Re: Lighthouse villas or Mongoose Apartments?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2018, 09:47