We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myett's Garden Inn or Long Bay beach Club?

california
Level Contributor
113 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Myett's Garden Inn or Long Bay beach Club?

I'm in trouble! I have done a lot of research for our trip, and can't decide about our hotel ;(

The Myett's seems to be on a beautiful beach and with lots of action going on, the LBBC looks great and actually it's cheaper than Myett's! totally different vibe, I can see that, we would be extending in Tortola only for 3 days after staying on Peter island for a week, any advise? we would have a rental car only for one day to explore the island. Thanks in advance!!

Mentioned in this post
Tortola
Tortola
British Virgin Islands
Peter Island Resort and Spa
Peter Island Resort and...
968 Reviews
Peter Island
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Level Contributor
7,712 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myett's Garden Inn or Long Bay beach Club?

No advice really as it's a choice you have to make based on your accurate descriptions...It's a rough life!

Having said that, if you are considering Myett's because you want a bit more action after staying on PI then yes, Myett's is a great choice for a few evenings with happy hours and music and meeting others. CGB is a good base and a short drive to Long Bay and other gorgeous beaches.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,789 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myett's Garden Inn or Long Bay beach Club?

My preference on Tortola would always be CGB but I would look at the cruise ship schedule to see how many ships are in because they all pretty much converge on CGB. The other thing to consider is where you will eat on the days/nights you do not have a car. I don't know if it is possible but I would prefer Peter Island at the end. It is always nicer to stay in the nicer property at the end of the trip!

Mentioned in this post
Tortola
Tortola
British Virgin Islands
Peter Island Resort and Spa
Peter Island Resort and...
968 Reviews
Peter Island
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Level Contributor
7,712 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Myett's Garden Inn or Long Bay beach Club?

Yes good reminder, the cruise ship schedule is very relevant when talking about CGB. What Low season isn't so much a concern, what are the dates?

We love Long Bay for a quieter stretch of beautiful beach, and if looking for a few more nights of relaxation with gorgeous views that would be the better choice of the two.

You choose the vibe!

MA
Level Contributor
41 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myett's Garden Inn or Long Bay beach Club?

We stayed at Long Bay Beach Club and would return. Myett's is a short 10 minute drive away, for more dining options. I suspect Myett's might get a bit loud at night.

Mentioned in this post
Long Bay Beach Club
Long Bay Beach Club
735 Reviews
Tortola
5. Re: Myett's Garden Inn or Long Bay beach Club?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2018, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Tortola