We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront tortola

Owensboro, Kentucky
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Beachfront tortola

Wife and i thinking about tortola over winter. Good place to stay with nice beach with umbrellas. Kitchenette. Pool. Close to ferry to visit other islands. Any suggestions weve never been here but it sounds great so far

British Virgin...
Level Contributor
831 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Beachfront tortola

Glad to hear you're thinking of visiting the BVIs this winter. Since you've never been, a few tips may be helpful. Generally speaking, the ferry terminals are not near swimming beaches. Most beaches are on the north side of the island, and the ferry terminals are on the west (St. Thomas, St. John, Jost), south (St. Thomas, VG, Anegada, Peter) or east (VG, Marina Cay, Scrub). It is a long walk from any of those to the best swimming beaches. So you would want to rent a car or plan on taking taxis, which are expensive.

Again, generally speaking, BVI beaches do not have umbrellas, although nothing would prevent you from bringing your own. Which is another good reason to rent a car.

Some beachfront hotels have pools, but many do not. The BVI does not have big resorts like you might find on other Caribbean islands. Generally there are small hotels or small, higher-end resorts. Pools are more common where there is no beach (Village Cay). If you indicate a budget we can provide better advice.

Since you mention a kitchenette, I'm assuming you would like to be able to prepare some meals. You might consider renting a villa or apartment. That is very common in the BVI, and many of them are on or near the beach.

Dallas
Level Contributor
284 posts
1,019 reviews
2. Re: Beachfront tortola

My hubby and a group of 3 other couples stayed at Frenchman's Resort on Frenchman's Cay West End Tortola last month. It checks all of your boxes. We LOVED it. Check out the reviews on Trip Advisor. Email Rihanna at the front desk or call the manager Peter. I have been coming to the BVIs off and on since 1982 and this trip was one of the best. Look at the Frenchman's reviews and website and let me know if I can answer any more questions.

Riviera Maya, Mexico
Level Contributor
7,901 posts
154 reviews
3. Re: Beachfront tortola

Budget and length of stay?

Dallas
Level Contributor
284 posts
1,019 reviews
4. Re: Beachfront tortola

It is a high end property yet is reasonably priced for the quality and service. Our group had two one bedroom villas and one two bedroom villa. Both had kitchens. The views are glorious! We booked directly through the hotel. Their website is here on Trip Advisor. TA may have different prices than the hotel directly. I would check both out. We only stayed a few days because we were traveling on to Virgin Gorda. The restaurant is awesome. We wanted to stay longer!

Riviera Maya, Mexico
Level Contributor
7,901 posts
154 reviews
5. Re: Beachfront tortola

That question was for the OP, sorry

New Paltz, New York
Level Contributor
952 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Beachfront tortola

We liked Lighthouse Villas in Cane garden Bay for a reasonable price. It's not ultra luxury but comfortable and checks your boxes. Has everything you are looking for including an amazing view from the upstairs balconies. It is a very short walk down to the beach (like under a minute). We liked being slightly away from the music as we hit the pillows early after long days on the water. The woman that runs it is a doll and made sure we always had everything we needed.

MA
Level Contributor
61 posts
279 reviews
7. Re: Beachfront tortola

Beach Front sounds like Long Bay Beach Club to me. Beach front suites have a full kitchen. The West End Ferry is on the southwest side of the island from the hotel so it is not walk able.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
18 posts
54 reviews
8. Re: Beachfront tortola

We have been to Tortola three times in the last five years with and without our son, to really enjoy the island and see all of its beauty I strongly recommend renting a car. We always stay at Makere Cottage: www.makerehouse.com/ Its a lovely cottage and you can rent just the cottage or both houses on the property if you have a bigger group.

Enjoy the island!

1 post
9. Re: Beachfront tortola

What kind of accommodation are you looking for? Are you looking standard hotel accommodation or like a villa. There are quite a few pretty villas but the season is near so you will need to book early.

10. Re: Beachfront tortola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2018, 09:46