We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gym at Sonesta Great Bay?

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
200 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Gym at Sonesta Great Bay?

Hi all, heading to Sonesta GB next week and have been scouring the websites looking for gym info. A recent reviewer said it was just 2 treadmills in a dingy room but another reviewer said she went every day and it had weights,treadmills, bikes and a universal machine.

The Sonesta GB website said there was a fitness facillity (not sure if I believe it after reading all these reviews), the Sonesta Maho doesnt mention a fitness facility at all on their webiste, which I why I chose GB.

I like to work out on holiday as I dont have much time to at home and it keeps all the eating and drinking under better control ...LOL! Doesnt have to be anything fancy or new as long as the treadmill works and free weights are more than adequate.

If you have been there lately, any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,686 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gym at Sonesta Great Bay?

gmgreatbay19

I found the general managers TA name - now all you need to do is to find out how to PM him for details of the gym equipment, etc.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
200 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gym at Sonesta Great Bay?

Thanks Bobcat ... I PM'd Juan, lets see if he responds.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,686 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gym at Sonesta Great Bay?

Great - Please let us know how things tuned out - also - exactly how did you PM the manager - how did you bring up his profile?

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
200 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gym at Sonesta Great Bay?

Hi Bobcat, its very easy to PM someone once you know their TA name (which you gave me).

Anyway he did respond on Friday (a little too late), I didnt hear from him (and a gym is very important to me) so I booked Jamaica, leaving on Monday. Below is his reply ............ for anyone else wondering if there is a gym.

Hi Loreen,

Sorry for my late reply, YES, we have a small gym, it has 2 treadmills, weights, bike and elip machine.

It is located on the pool deck level in the activity center. Your room key will give you access to the area.

We will look forward to your stay and appreciate the business.

with hospitality,

Juan- G.M

5. Re: Gym at Sonesta Great Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 22:13