We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RCI in St. Maarten

Manasquan, NJ
Level Contributor
114 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
RCI in St. Maarten

We have a chance to use our friend's RCI time share in St. Maartin. Any suggestions on hotels, resorts? Should we go the Dutch side or the French side? We're in our early 60's and like the beach, snorkeling, shopping, dining, exploring.

Thanks!!!!!

Florida
Level Contributor
245 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: RCI in St. Maarten

You have to go to the RCI site and put your friends account number and dates for traveling. Then they tell you what is available for that week. If you are doing that, and Caraovasariei (spelling) is the only thing coming up, that is what is available.

We tried to exchange for a week in St Martin for about 8 months. The only Resort that we could get was Great Bay All Inclusive. I don't like AI, so we ended up not being able to use RCI for that trip. Good Luck, hope you get what you want.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: RCI in St. Maarten

We have traveled three times a year to St Maarten since 2003. All but three of those trips were thru RCI trades. Because we were flexible with our timing, we were always able to get our favored resort. And we did not plan our travel more than 3 or 4 months out.

We also discovered that our favorite resort, Atrium, allows mid week check in dates. That sure helps save in airline costs and availability of FF miles!

But certain times of year, you will need to be a much better planner than I! LOL

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin
Level Contributor
4,072 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: RCI in St. Maarten

Snorkle at:

Pinel

Bue Rouge

Dawn Beach

Little bay in DiVi

Orient beach

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: RCI in St. Maarten

I would try calling RCI. I know earlier this year when I was trying to book for this week there was nothing online. When I called RCI direct they had an exchange at the Pelican available.

Would be worth a shot.

Only 25 days until we are there!!!

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,072 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: RCI in St. Maarten

The Pelican is not a bad place to stay at. Lots of our friends have stayed there and would go back.

Point Pleasant...
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: RCI in St. Maarten

Call RCI daily. I was just able to switch from sapphire beach to pelican for November. I find calling them around 10:00am tends to have the best inventory, and I call frequently until I get what I really want!

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,072 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: RCI in St. Maarten

Its a shame you have to do that to get any results. But that is what it takes to get anywhere with RCI.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: RCI in St. Maarten

Not necessarily

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,072 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: RCI in St. Maarten

That has always been the case with us. Instead of banking we just rent ours out for the week in July and rent from other owners at other destinations from internet sites.

Florida
Level Contributor
245 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: RCI in St. Maarten

The only time it's easy with RCI, and St Martin is during hurricane season, or spring. I want the same week every year in mid December. Begging has worked in past years, not this year so far.