We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Taxi to Jalousie

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
142 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Water Taxi to Jalousie

How much would a water taxi cost round trip from the cruise ship dock at Castries to Jalousie Beach? Thanks

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Taxi to Jalousie

Watertaxi Castries-Jalousie-Castries = USD 150.00 for 1 or 2 people. This would include waiting patiently for you at Jalousie.

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Taxi to Jalousie

$150 sounds like a lot of money. How long does it take to get to Jalousie beach from the cruise ship?

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Taxi to Jalousie

It depends upon the boat but it is about 1 hour each way on average. USD 150 is a good price

STEVE

Edited: 20 September 2010, 12:00
Canada, Kentucky
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Taxi to Jalousie

Thats an extremly good price,however if you can get a few more persons to join you on this excursion it can go doen as low as us$40 per person

You can also try a company called mystic man. not sure of the site just goggle it.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Water Taxi to Jalousie

A round-trip trip from Castries along the beautiful coast of St. Lucia to the stunning Pitons in your own private watertaxi (fully licensed & insured) with the customer deciding when, where and how long to stop is a VERY GOOD DEAL at USD 150.00. I run a small law-abiding business offering an excellent service that benefits my community. I barely break even and cannot compete with others that cut their prices to "get the trip". That "bargain" in St. Lucia often means a fast ride in a poorly maintained boat full of strangers that may or may not be registered and insured. The captain may or may not have a valid license or he leaves you in the care of his unlicensed/inexperienced crew while he is busy hustling other naive tourists looking for cheap transportation. You do get what you pay for... Bon Voyage!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water Taxi to Jalousie

6 of us will be in port for a day in March, my best senerio for that day would be such a personalized boat ride that you described to Jalousie Beach with a stop in Marigot Bay perhaps. Those are the 2 places I'd like to see most while there for the day. Can you carry 6 people, how much USD would it be and how long a time period would this take?

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Water Taxi to Jalousie

Thank you, Minnesota Tom, for your interest. I can legally take up to 6 passengers and would very much enjoy showing you my island. The cost is USD 450/for 3 couples. This would be a full day tour from Pt. Seraphine (cruise ship dock) south along the beautiful coast of St. Lucia to the magnificent Pitons in your own private watertaxi (fully licensed & insured). You decide when, where and how long to stop in Canaries, Anse La Raye, Marigot, Anse Chastenet/Jade Mountain, Soufriere town & bat caves and Jalousie Resort.

Marigot is nice and Jalousie Resort is beautiful, but St. Lucia's only sustainable development project in Anse l'Ivrogne (Sevoigne) is off-the-beaten-track stunning. Located within The Pitons World Heritage Site just 10 minutes around the Gros Piton from Jalousie Resort. Spend the day on the beach, snorkeling, visiting ruins, hike the Gros Piton, take a Culture & Traditions Tour and enjoy an organic Zion Lion Farm to table lunch at Paul's Coal Pot Beach BBQ while directly benefiting our Carib community of La Pointe.

Check it out at www.tributetothelion.blogspot.com. Bless Up! Paul

Minnesota
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Water Taxi to Jalousie

Thanks for your reply, I've forwarded this info to the 2 other couples. Boat looks small, I'm concerned the women might balk at a long ride if there are big waves. The scenery would be remarkable for sure, I will keep in touch, we arrive in St Lucia around the 10th of March 2011.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Water Taxi to Jalousie

Your welcome, I know the water since boyhood - glide & ride! Another reason why I insist on a fair price - I not hustlin' you, Mon, rushin' to get another fare! Bless Up! Paul

Toronto
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Water Taxi to Jalousie

I too was in St Lucia for the day in January. We booked a tour through Cosol Tours and we had a great day! They picked us up right from the cruise ship. We got a tour of the island, stopped along the way to sample food and fresh picked bananas. After stopping for lunch, we also went to the volcano and then we took a water taxi to Jalousie beach for swimming and snorkeling. We were there for about 1 hour. It is so beautiful to swim between the Pitons. The water is so crystal clear. On the way back to the cruise ship, we stopped and picked up some fresh warm bread from a local bakery. The food and unlimited drinks (alcoholic and non) were included. The staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. The price was not bad at all. We paid 65USD for 5 hours.

I totally recommend them. Here is the link for their website if you are interested.

http://www.cosol-tours.com/tours.html