We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RENDEZVOUS-Topless or nude bathing allowed

southeast
2 posts
Save Topic
RENDEZVOUS-Topless or nude bathing allowed

Was wondering if Rendezvous or other properties on St. Lucia allowed topless or nude sunbathing on the beach or poolside.

Hellertown...
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RENDEZVOUS-Topless or nude bathing allowed

Rendezvous says noooo. St. Lucian's frown on it, all beaches are "open" to St. Lucians. However, we stayed at Rendezvous and saw an occasional lounge chair with a topless occupant....just be very discreet. No nudes period!

Nottingham
Level Contributor
151 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RENDEZVOUS-Topless or nude bathing allowed

Le sport have topkess sunbathers, but I never saw any at the rendezvous during my trip Nov/Dec 05

Suffolk, England
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RENDEZVOUS-Topless or nude bathing allowed

As far as I know topless sunbathing is illegal in St Lucia, as it is on most caribbean islands, but you might get away with it if you are on private property and out of public site, and remember that the Rendezvous beach is a public one! You're best to ask at the hotel when you get there.

Chattanooga TN
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: RENDEZVOUS-Topless or nude bathing allowed

just returned from there. The topless sunbathers confined themselves to their lounge chairs and put their tops back on to go swimming or moving about. It wasn't an issue.

NYC/Metro area
Level Contributor
128 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RENDEZVOUS-Topless or nude bathing allowed

Rendezvous and LeSport allow it. LeSport has nude sunbathing on the top deck of the Oasis Spa. Most of the folks that I've seen do it are from the U.K., Spain, and Italy.

Folks from the U.S. will try it but get silly about it.