We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cell Phone Service in St. Lucia

new york
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cell Phone Service in St. Lucia

I saw the previous thread about Verizon not working in St. Lucia at all. We have T Mobile, it is a Wi-Fi compatible phone, and are staying at The Regency. Just curious if anyone knows if T Mobile works at The Regency or on the island.

Thanks

Nic

Green Bay, WI
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cell Phone Service in St. Lucia

I can only tell you that I have AT&T and it worked fine however, check with T Mobile and see if there is an International package. AT&T has one, I signed up for it for 1 month and the calls were $1 + per minute but still alot cheaper than not having it.. I think you're best bet is to call T Mobile

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cell Phone Service in St. Lucia

hi

My T-Mobile worked on the island in feb and on previouse visits so have Vodaphone and Orange, never used it at Regency though but have at the Grande and the Halcyon, hope this helps.

Happy days

ny
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cell Phone Service in St. Lucia

all gsm network phones work in St.Lucia.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cell Phone Service in St. Lucia

and, conversely, all CDMA phones, such as Verizon do not work in the Caribbean,OR in Europe (b@st@rds!).

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
92 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cell Phone Service in St. Lucia

If you are taking a computer with a microphone built in, you can download Skype(VoIP)and talk to the US for just a few cents per minute. You do have to find a wi-fi hot spot (since Skype is Voive-over-IP protocol), but I believe that most hotels have that at no charge - at least in the lobby area.

We talked to family and friends in Texas via Skype and it worked great! The only problem is that it is a really public conversation, since you are talking into your laptop's microphone. If you want a more private conversation, you can get a headset for your computer. I think they are about $45. We decided that we will save at least that much in long distance charges by using Skype, so it is a good investment for us. Each to their own, though.....

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
92 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cell Phone Service in St. Lucia

Ooops.....Voice-over-IP.....sorry.....

new york
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cell Phone Service in St. Lucia

Thanks for all your help

Virginia
13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cell Phone Service in St. Lucia

All I can say is that I have Verizon and had no service what so ever. My friend I went with has AT&T and she had more service than she does back in the states.

Medicine Hat...
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cell Phone Service in St. Lucia

Does anyone know if Canadian Cell phones work there. I have Telus service and am heading for my first trip to St. Lucia in December.

Virginia
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cell Phone Service in St. Lucia

I know on the island they use BMobile and Digicel for cell phone providers.