We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AVIS is doing ONE WAY RENTALS again from SJU to ceiba

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
67 reviews
AVIS is doing ONE WAY RENTALS again from SJU to ceiba

Good News,

AVIS has resumed allowing one way rentals from SJU to Ceiba.

now we can once again drive to Ceiba where the good people at AVIS will take you to the airport or ferry for your trip to Vieques(or Culebra).

6 replies to this topic
8 posts
1. Re: AVIS is doing ONE WAY RENTALS again from SJU to ceiba

Did you have to call to book or could you do it online?

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: AVIS is doing ONE WAY RENTALS again from SJU to ceiba

online. use the Ceiba location as the drop off

8 posts
3. Re: AVIS is doing ONE WAY RENTALS again from SJU to ceiba

i'm thinking of doing a one way rental. i land at SJU around 1pm and avis closes at 3pm. would i have enough time to stop in luquillo to grab a quick bite and still make it in time for them to give me a ride to the airport? i just called and they don't have an after hours drop off right now. she said they may extend their hours in a few months but nothing is set in stone.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
67 reviews
4. Re: AVIS is doing ONE WAY RENTALS again from SJU to ceiba

no.

you will barely have time to get off the plane, get to your car, drive to Ceiba, get gas, then get to the avis office.

who knows about traffic???

did you check cape air prices from SJU? they have been reasonable lately, between $89 and $119 on average.

if you are one person it makes sense to check, otherwise a rental or publico will save money/time.

8 posts
5. Re: AVIS is doing ONE WAY RENTALS again from SJU to ceiba

it's going to be two of us flying. flying out of ceiba would save around 40 bucks but the timing isn't great due to avis closing early.

current plan is to grab a publico from SJU to SIG and catch a 4pm flight out, which gives us about two hours between flights. that's why i thought about going through luquillo and flying out of ceiba. figured i'd get the most out of the trip.

cape air is 199 one way on my days so that's def out of the question. sounds like hanging out near SIG is going to be the plan unless avis changes hours. any good places to eat or hangout between SJU and SIG?

Edited: 08 August 2018, 02:12
NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
67 reviews
6. Re: AVIS is doing ONE WAY RENTALS again from SJU to ceiba

keep checking cape air.

within a couple of weeks of departure, the price can drop by half or more.

Reply to: AVIS is doing ONE WAY RENTALS again from SJU to ceiba
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques