We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San juan Verizon data coverage

Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
San juan Verizon data coverage

guys

can anybody speak to the quality of data coverage by verizon in san juan? Do you get 3g or it's always 1x? trying to use gps there but it doesn't work reliability without 3g

thanks

Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San juan Verizon data coverage

The Verizon service runs on other carrier's towers and for the most part is 1x. The Family Locator gps service does not work there nor does Visual Voicemail. Otherwise it is perfectly functional for voice and txt.

Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San juan Verizon data coverage

guys

i'm not getting any 1x or 3g signal in condado or the airport

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
7,897 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San juan Verizon data coverage

Is your phone open to roam? Many times they will lock you down to your home network period. Go to settings and open it up, or stop at a verizon store, or call Verizon. I got a good signal when using Verizon.

Edited: 27 April 2012, 20:04
Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,761 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San juan Verizon data coverage

To Bob

Where do they have Verizon Stores in P. R. ? I thought Verizon left out of P. R.

Edited: 27 April 2012, 20:09
Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
7,897 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San juan Verizon data coverage

My Bad. Was not aware of that and there website confirms no store in PR anymore. Thanks Bunny!

6. Re: San juan Verizon data coverage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 11:11