We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Horseback Riding

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
32 posts
33 reviews
Best Horseback Riding

Where is the best horseback riiding? Would be nice to have some ocean and mountain views. Prefer close to San Juan but we will be renting a car to check out the rainforest and Luquillo (beach and kiosks) possibly for a day. Also do we have to drive to Guavate for lechon or can we get it somewere within the bus area. I don't want to stress out my husband with anymore driving than necessary. Experiencing the local foods is the most fun part of traveling to different countries. The best food I had in the Bahamas was from the "lunch lady" that showed up in the parking lot at lunchtime and sold homemade food out of the back of her stationwagon to the workers.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,642 posts
1 review
1. Re: Best Horseback Riding

Hi gigi, Most of the horseback riding is located near the rain forest. The horses there are on the smaller side and have a unique shuffling gait.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,930 posts
2. Re: Best Horseback Riding

We have done horseback riding at Hacienda Carabali in Luquillo, Hacienda Campo Rico (Tropical Trail Rides) just outside of San Juan, on the beach in Manati (Horseback Riding Puerto Rico), on the beach in Isabela (Tropical Trail Rides), in Cidra at Hacienda Madrigal, and (something that I like to call "Riverhorse Adventure") in Corozal (PR4Less Tours). All are unique and "best" in their own ways. Depends on what defines "best" for you.

Most will not have both "ocean and mountain views". Horseback Riding Puerto Rico seemed to offer the "best" combination of ocean and mountain.

This search ... www.puertoricodaytrips.com/?s=horseback ... on our blog will give you details on all these options, including driving directions, videos, and GPS coordinates.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Best Horseback Riding

The horses in PR are called Paso Fino horses. They are a special breed of horses that the Spaniards bred to produce a small gait to avoid jostling the riders.

We did horseback riding on the beach in Aguadilla. Really enjoyed it. This is on the northwest coast of PR, just in case you decide to venture over there.

www.tropicaltrailrides.com

z2u
boca raton, fl
Level Contributor
226 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Best Horseback Riding

we are staying at el con, and my daughter would LOVE to ride near the beach or the ocean. do you have any feelings about el con's riding on palomino? thanks.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Best Horseback Riding

We did it about 20 years ago, so I am sure it is not the same.

But other places close by that do beach rides: Rancho Buena Vista in Humacao (http://ranchobuenavistapr.com/site/) and Catch a Dream in Rio Grande 787-409-0155

z2u
boca raton, fl
Level Contributor
226 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: Best Horseback Riding

ok. i'd love to know if the one at palomino is any good, so that we don't have to travel. but thanks for recommendations!

7. Re: Best Horseback Riding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2013, 15:02