We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villas/cabanas at Balneario Boquerón en Cabo Rojo

nj
1 post
Save Topic
villas/cabanas at Balneario Boquerón en Cabo Rojo

am looking for any information on the villas/cabanas at Balneario Boquerón en Cabo Rojo. my husbands family stayed there 37 yrs ago and have great memories of their stay. now a possible trip to this place is in the works and i can't find any info on it (except what can be found at the puerto rico gov't web sites.) i understand it is a destination for many puerto ricans during holiday however how would it be for 4 english-speaking-only families with children ranging in age from 6-15 yrs old? how is the security? what are the accomodations REALLY like? really looking for "the skinny" on this place and would appreciate any info, as well as other recommendations for accomodations in the area. many thanks!

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: villas/cabanas at Balneario Boquerón en Cabo Rojo

37 yrs ago the water at Boqueron was more cleaner than now. If you REALLY have to stay there, then check:

http://www.cpnpr.gobierno.pr/boqueron_bal.asp

The Cabañas don't have a/c in any room. The Villas does, but you have to bring everything like pots, pans, linnens, etc. Theres no room service, no maid service, no restaurant on the premises, you have to cook your own food and bring it too. Depending on the time of the year Boqueron can be packed and you may have to make reservations for the cabañas way in advanced 'cause the goverment workers have priority, like in Holy Week, June/July and other local festivities.

I must recommend you stay at Parador Bahia Salinas in Combate and from there make day trips to other areas of Cabo Rojo, Lajas, Guanica... even Ponce.

http://www.bahiasalinas.com/

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
364 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: villas/cabanas at Balneario Boquerón en Cabo Rojo

You can check www.travelandsports.com and look for Boquerón and Cabo Rojo area. There are many places to select from depending on your budget, such as

Parador Boquemar

Punta Águila

Parador Bahía Salinas

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Good luck.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: villas/cabanas at Balneario Boquerón en Cabo Rojo

I would agree that if you want to stay near the Boqueron area, my choice for a place to stay would be Parador Bahia Salinas. It is somewhat off the beaten path in the sense that it is sort of removed from the main town and there's not much else around ( i.e. walking distance at night). However, I think this is the draw( at least for me). The place was recently renovated and I think the kids/teens would like to spend time by the infinity pool etc. There's a beach very close by- about 5 min away by car( La Playuela /also known as PLaya Sucia)- one of the nicest beaches in the area. Boqueron will be about 20 min away by car.

If you want to be able to step out of the hotel and walk around to some restaurants etc. this may not be the place for you. If you want a nice place for some R&R, this may be the place for you.

Parador Boquemar is within the town of Boqueron- walking distance to the Boqueron public beach and just about everything else in Boqueron. You can go to www.gotoparadores.com for more info.

Other places in that area of PR that may be of interest are

Parador Villa Parguera- I have never stayed but have read nice reviews on TA( check on your search box)

Copamarina Resort www.copamarina.com in Guanica is another option

Mary Lees By the Sea also in Guanica- www.maryleesbythesea.com is also worth a look. See reviews on the search box

Also consider the Rincon area

Go to www.rincon.org

Let me know if you need other recommendations. Good luck

4. Re: villas/cabanas at Balneario Boquerón en Cabo Rojo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 01:45