We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single woman booking

Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Single woman booking

I'm planning a one week vacay, just to get away, for the last week of August. I want to relax, but hope to meet people and have fun too. Can anyone suggest the best place (not Hedonism, please) to stay to meet great people? Maybe the best place for singles?? I'd appreciate it.

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single woman booking

All inclusive or not?

check out this website for many options

www.negrilonestop.com

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,924 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single woman booking

I was in Negril solo and stayed on the Cliffs and loved it. But if "meeting people" is the goal, then you'd be better of somewhere on the beach. suze

Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single woman booking

I think I'd like to stick with all inclusive. It's easier. Are they all the same??

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Single woman booking

Hello i am a single woman traveling to Negril 2012 for my 27th birthday too at the end of aug. 2012- sept

Dayton, OH
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Single woman booking

I was just in Negril with two other single girlfriends. We stayed at CoCoLaPalm, which is a modestly sized hotel-- still quiet enough to relax, but plenty of people to meet. And the security was very, very good too. There are also lots of restaurants right along the beach, so finding meals is really easy.

Good luck!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,594 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Single woman booking

<<< Are all AI the same >>>

No.

I put them into 4 catagories (for singles so I exclude Couples and Sandals):

Ultra inclusive: Breezes Grand Negril, Beach Negril (which is a family resort)

Mid range: The two RIUs (both are family resorts but RIU Tropical Bay have reported fewer kids. I say midrange because watersports is not included some premium services carry extra costs that are included at the Ultra

Entry level: Grand Pineapple (one eatery, no evening entertainment, no disco).

AI optional: Merril's 1 and Merril's 2 for example; stay at one and have access to both. Meffil's 2 has a pool near the beach.

www.negrilinfo.com has a nearly complete list.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Single woman booking

If you going to the Negril Beach Destinations as another poster stated---please do go to NegrilOneStop.

They have everything and you can make many plans with them.You also get a discount card.

The following visit --you won't need that sort of info--because you will understand the workings of Jamaica.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Single woman booking

Remember Grand Pineapple is closing 8/11/2012

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Single woman booking

Generally, they're are a LOT more couples than singles, except maybe during college spring break, but the most singles at one property would probably be the RIU Club .... Good hotel, not the Ritz but good value.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Single woman booking

I am also a solo traveller who contemplated where to stay. After much debate, I decided to book with Sunset at the Palms because of the amazing reviews. I hesitated because I didn't want to stick out in a group of couples but I'm told Negril is essential a spot for couples and honeymooners.

I chose this resort because their beach is part of the famous 7 mile stretch; and because of it's unique 'tree house' hotel rooms. Also, it seems to a very safe and friendly resort, which for single traveller, is a big bonus.