We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upscale resort for young couples

Pickering, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Upscale resort for young couples

Hey there,

Me and my husband are planning to go away for our one year anniversary in November. We are both in our mid 20's and want to relax and go somewhere really nice since we haven't gone away since our honeymoon. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a resort that you could classify to be happy medium between upscale and luxurious but at the same time, fun and happening with alot of other young couples. maybe with some party options on the actual resort or close by? We also prefer either Ocho or Negril :)

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upscale resort for young couples

Couples swept away would be my suggestion :)

Enjoy

Chelle

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
133 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upscale resort for young couples

would anyone recommend couples negril, or jewel dunns given this criteria?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upscale resort for young couples

Young people wanting good nightlife might not find what they are looking for on any resort property... CSA offers the best proximity to off site action if you will....

Neither jewel or CN are far from nightlife, but CSA is that much closer... It's also got the sports complex which may or may not be an asset to the OP...

Chelle

Edited: 04 October 2011, 07:13
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
133 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upscale resort for young couples

thanks Chelle

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upscale resort for young couples

The nightlife and activities are excellent at The Jewel Dunns River.

"Does anyone have any good suggestions for a resort that you could classify to be happy medium between upscale and luxurious but at the same time, fun and happening with alot of other young couples. maybe with some party options on the actual resort"

-

Having stayed at dozens of different a/i resorts in Jamaica myself, I would say the resorts that best fit your above description are :

Breezes Runaway Bay

The Jewel Dunns River

Hedonism II

Breezes Grand Negril

Sandals Montego Bay

Most of the couples only resorts are geared to a 'quiet, romantic' atmosphere so many find them to be lacking in fun and nightlife.

Blessings and respect to you, you're going to LOVE Jamaica no matter where you choose to stay!

Steve

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Upscale resort for young couples

I disagree... Couples resorts are as quiet or as social as you'd like them to be... And I'd say calling some on that list luxury is a bit of a stretch (and only 2 are in mobay or Negril as requested)...

Chelle

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
718 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Upscale resort for young couples

I agree with the Couples Swept Away suggestion. It's on the main beach, within walking distance to the much of the action. They cater to couples of all ages. I would consider it to be "upscale, in a Caribbean sense",,,meaning you won't find marble and glitz. The suites are in 4 or 9 room villas, and surrounded by lush gardens (check out the Atrium Suites) with large verandas and mini-bars that are stocked daily. CSA has beach bars, four restaurants and a night club. It also has a swim-up bar, but the beach is the main attraction.

Check out the reviews, I think you'll find them pretty informative.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Upscale resort for young couples

Opps 3 on the list... Bad eyes ;)

Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Upscale resort for young couples

I agree with Couple Swept away too. and do away with a more typical hotel room and get an Atrium Suite, the ones we stayed in twice were only for 4 atriums to a building.

Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Upscale resort for young couples

also after going to Couples swept away twice and the grand pineapple this summer they seem to be situated nicely between the cliffs (Seastar Inn Saturday nights buffet and band) but also Alfred's beach bar/band and The Jungle nightclub down the road, with that being said,Csa does have nightly entertainment in one building and a paianobar/nightclub. The furnishings in the club were retro (by UP er Michigan standards) they also had a martini bar, and many free watersports. Csa is in a good location I feel that would give you nightly entertainment on resort and nights while off resort in Negril