We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nude/topless at Sandals

Chicago, Illinois
13 posts
Save Topic
Nude/topless at Sandals

I there any nude/topless sunbathing at Sandals?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
645 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nude/topless at Sandals

Definitely no nude sunbathing at any Sandals resort, except for a small area on the offshort island at Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay.

Topless --- it happens although not officially condoned. It anyone complains however, mgmt. will request that the top be put back on.

If nude/topless is vital to you, skip Sandals and go to one of the Lido resorts or Couples resorts. Some have clothing optional areas, others have totally au natural only areas (no choice...shed the clothing).

Hope this helps.

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
502 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nude/topless at Sandals

Zero topless sunbathing when we were at Sandals Negril a few years back. It is officially discouraged there. However, other resorts on Seven Mile Beach and Bloody Bay are much more "skin friendly". Among the other major all-inclusives in Negril, all of the SuperClub facilities (Grand Lido Negril, Breezes Negril and, of course, Hedonism II) are "top free." Couples Negril on Bloody Bay also promotes the fact that topless sunbathing is permitted on its beach, however, Couples Swept Away on Seven Mile Beach discourages the practice. The Riu resorts on Bloody Bay, which attract a relatively large percentage of European guests, have a significantly higher percentage of topless sunbathers compared to several other resorts. Couples Negril, Grand Lido Negril and (of course) Hedonism II also have areas designated for nude sunbathing.

Michigan
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nude/topless at Sandals

We saw many topless sunbathers in March, even at the pool bar, but no nude sunbathers. You can go right next door to hedonisim, the property butts right next to Sandals

New England
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nude/topless at Sandals

Been to sandals in Negril 2 times and saw many topless sunbathing. The beach in front of the Sundowner building is supposed to be the topless part of the beach there.

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nude/topless at Sandals

7 mile beach is a topless beach.. People walk up and down it topless, not a bunch but it does happen.. And people are allowed to sunbathe topless.. Don't know where people are getting that it's discouraged? It may not be done by many but it's not illeagal to do so.. Here is a quote from Sandals web page

Is nude sunbathing allowed at Sandals?

Sandals does not promote or advertise clothing optional or topless sunbathing. In the event a guest chooses to participate in this activity in more remote areas, the management will intervene only if it becomes disruptive to other guests. We welcome the opportunity to host you at one of our award winning resorts

I do have to add though that the practice of sunbathing topless is not done by locals..There are though many places that you can freely sunbath topless, and others nude.. Go to

www.negrilonestop.com

check out the resorts on the beach and click on any one of them.. You will see a little icon that basically says topless ok..

Good Luck..

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
645 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nude/topless at Sandals

BostonMel,

Just to clarify, the question was whether there is any nude/topless sunbathing at the Sandals resorts themselves.

You're 100% correct that topless anywhere up and down the beach in Negril is a pretty common sight, but the replies here spoke only about on the resort itself. Sandals, as you found out when you looked into their policy, discourages even topless sunning and will ask a woman to put her top back on IF somebody makes a big deal out of it.

Not a fan of the Sandals chain personally or for that matter nude sunbathing in public areas as I feel it's disrespectful to the Jamaican people. Just wanted to address what the "official word" is from Sandals on this issue.

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nude/topless at Sandals

Hey Barrister,

Thanks for the clarification.. I did see on the Sandals site it is at their discretion, which would be understandable if the whole of 7 mile beach was not topless.. Being an "Adult" resort one would think their policy would be more lax in Negril.. And that would deffinitely be a reason for me not staying there either.. So I hear you on that one.. Thank you very much..

Respect..

florida
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nude/topless at Sandals

Sandals Royal Caribbean does have a nude / clothing optional beach out on their private island. It is quite nice. My wife and i spent 3 days "sunning our buns" over the holidays. You do want to cover up when walking over to the bar or the pool on the island however.

We had a great time and the resort was wonderful.