We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Make up artist and hair stylist in Negril (for a wedding)

ENGLAND
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Make up artist and hair stylist in Negril (for a wedding)

Hi

Im getting married at the Riu Tropical Bay on the 1st December this year, can anyone can recommend a good make up artist and hair stylist in the local area, or do you know if the make up and hair styling at the Tropical Bay spa is any good ?

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Make up artist and hair stylist in Negril (for a wedding)

there is a lady who was recommended to me from tesning pen when i was married last week, I only used her to do my nails, but i've been to her shop before and she has quite the good following from locals, expats and visitors alike... the place was always busy... she seemed to do nice work, so i'd say she's probably a good bet... she works both from her shop across from b-b-bard/kuyaba and out fo Negril Escape spa, but will travel to your hotel for fairly reasonable rates (i think it was less than 100US for hair and makeup combined), goes by the name of Mrs Bee I belive... a sweet and charismatic lady imported from california :)

i'm going to try to get her contact info (i took her card, so it's somewhere in my bag that hasn't yet completely unpacked itself (the nerve!)) and will post... i'm sure there's plenty of others that can be recommended, i just know i've run into this lady a few times now, and she's usually quite busy with a great reputation... i have gotten manicures and pedicures from her salon and always been very happy...

Chelle

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Make up artist and hair stylist in Negril (for a wedding)

I believe Chell00 used the same stylist as I did when I got married at Tensing Pen a few weeks ago!

Her name is Debra Barrett from Scissors Salon and she can come directly to your room! I was so happy with her work! She is professional and also a very fun lady! She can do makeup, as well.

SCISSORS SALON

SHOP #3

BAR-B-BARN VILLAGE

NORMAN MANLEY BLVD

876-574-6777

I would email her directly at jamaicasqueenbee@yahoo.com

Tell her Leah says hi!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Make up artist and hair stylist in Negril (for a wedding)

queen bee... yupppers... that's the one...

i've used her shop a few times and it's always been packed (and not just with party people from ATI :))

Chelle

ENGLAND
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Make up artist and hair stylist in Negril (for a wedding)

Thanks for that I will give Debra an email.

5. Re: Make up artist and hair stylist in Negril (for a wedding)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2009, 11:55