We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches vs Breezes in Jamaica (or other propery for teens)?

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
155 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches vs Breezes in Jamaica (or other propery for teens)?

Hi all

Thanks for everyones input.. What is the vote for Breezes Runaway Bay verus Beaches -Sandy Bay or Negril for Jamaica next winter?

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches vs Breezes in Jamaica (or other propery for teens)?

I vote for Beaches Sandy Bay, but then you already know that! LOL

Palm Coast, FL
Level Contributor
101 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches vs Breezes in Jamaica (or other propery for teens)?

I haven't been to Breezes, but I highly recommend Beaches Negril. It has plenty to do for the kids - lots of watersports, not-so-lazy river, two waterslides, big pools, multiple hot tubs, swim up bars with unlimited alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks, and tons of food. I'm sure Beaches Sandy Bay is a good time too, but it is smaller and will have less activities. That may or may not be a good thing for you and your group.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches vs Breezes in Jamaica (or other propery for teens)?

As I recall, your teens are a little older.

This being the case, I'm not sure Beaches are right for them.

If you want a more expensive family resort. Beaches.

If you want an active, fun vacation, but some exposure to drinking games, Breezes Runaway Bay.

If you want a moderate family all-inclusive on a great stretch of beach with other kids and teens, Starfish Trelawny is worth a look.

Just to clarify, if you trust your teens, BRB is a lot of fun for the whole family. They have tons of activities only some involve alcohol. Everything from bike riding to beach olympics, trapeze swinging to inflatable "sumo" wrestling, from bingo and trivia to rum mixology (that's the one to look out for!). But there are not a lot of other teens on the property. Some, but not many.

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
929 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches vs Breezes in Jamaica (or other propery for teens)?

I vote for Beaches Negril. We are "older" parents, having had our child a little later in life and we met some wonderful people with teenagers and the teenagers were having a fantastic time.

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
155 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches vs Breezes in Jamaica (or other propery for teens)?

Thanks for the great messages. I went online today and believe it or not right now the cost for beaches is less than breezes! I believe it is because we are bringing a 15 year old and they pay less than if they go to breezes (considered an adult there).

I am now really considering Beaches Negril.

PS I don't really trust my teens! :)

Fife, Scotland
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches vs Breezes in Jamaica (or other propery for teens)?

going to beaches negril on 10th october with 5 teenagers, well one of them is 21, really looking forward to it.

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
155 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches vs Breezes in Jamaica (or other propery for teens)?

Hey Singingsmuggler.. Please let me know how it was.

Thanks

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
155 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches vs Breezes in Jamaica (or other propery for teens)?

Well I made my decision today and booked Beaches Negril.!! for the end of January. Had a slight screw-up with booking it online direct, but Paul the Manager of online booking at Beaches, made it all better. Based on what happened today, I was very pleased with their quick response and awesome customer service shown. I sure hope it stays that way when we get there.

I will report back and let everyone know the outcome.

Cheers!

Awsomegal

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beaches vs Breezes in Jamaica (or other propery for teens)?

Having been at both Negril Beaches properties recently and just having returned from Breezes Runaway Bay, there is no question that Breezes Rnaway Bay is a much much nicer, cleaner, newer resort and the overall theme is night and day better for older children than the "sesame street theme" at Beaches.... I would echo MKA's sentiments...

Best fit for a family with teens: Brteezes Runaway Bay

Best value for a family resort in Jamaica: Starfish Trelawny.

Blessings and respect to you, enjoy Jamaica no matter where you end up staying.

Steve

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
290 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beaches vs Breezes in Jamaica (or other propery for teens)?

i have been to both Breezes and Beaches and i would recommend breezes above and beyond beaches. we got so sick of the elmo and cookie monster during our stay! breezes is great for teenagers while beaches is great for children.