We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Please help

Looking to travel to Negril. To stay in an all inclusive resort or not? Suggestions on hotels that are not all inclusive? Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
39 replies to this topic
Athol, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
374 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help

WE stayed at Cocolapalm this February and loved it! First NON all inclusive for us. They give you a complimentary continental beast which is great... plus they give you money off any bfast entry you order off the regular menu! Great place!

Mentioned in this post
CocoLaPalm Resort
CocoLaPalm Resort
1,245 Reviews
Jamaica
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help

No vacancy on the days we are going. I checked it earlier. 🙁

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,888 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help

Negril Treehouse, Kuyaba, Rooms on the Beach, Travelers, .. lots of options. What are you looking for price range, etc.?

Mentioned in this post
Negril Treehouse
Negril Treehouse
72 Reviews
Jamaica
Kuyaba Hotel & Restaurant - Negril
Kuyaba Hotel...
359 Reviews
Jamaica
Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,194 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help

Agreed - there are many nice places. Check out a few places on Negrilonestop's website, and you'll get a good feel for what's available, ranging from simple to relatively luxurious.

negrilonestop.com/Negril-Resorts/…

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,704 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help

I'd say much better going non al in Negril :)

Edited: 20 April 2018, 11:45
Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
4,280 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help

Bryan When are you going? February is the busiest month of the entire year and I was able to score a room in December for February. It took some searching on many different websites but I found one are you sure there's no availability?

Bayfield, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help

Travellers Beach Resort has a Groupon on currently (until Sunday, April 22 I believe) with incredible rates that includes breakfast. The Groupon comes up every few months, if you happen to miss it this time around and you are not going for a while. We used the Groupon last year, and it was an amazing price. The resort is small, but lovely, nice security, has a swim up bar, hot tub, awesome deck at the restaurant right on the beach. Check it out!

I personally can never see myself doing AI in Negril, as there is SO MUCH good food and fun times outside of the resort that I feel I would be missing out on. I don't want to feel like I HAVE to stay at my resort if I've paid the AI rate. But some people aren't comfortable leaving their resort, which is a personal choice. If you are comfortable getting out and walking the streets on Negril, then don't waste your money on an AI. There are ENDLESS options of food and drink along the beach. Beers can range from $3-5, and a cheap meal can run you about $5-10. With the breakfast at Travellers, we just ate a late(ish) breakfast, so we were full, a quick pattie for lunch, and then some jerk chicken or pork from a street vendor at night.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Smithtown, New York
Level Contributor
572 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help

What’s your price range and travel dates? Do you want to stay on the beach or the cliffs?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help

That is exactly what we would like to do. We always stay in a resort but never spend time in it. We want to go June 1 through June 5. Thank you!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
4,280 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help

Is there something going on first week in Negril? I'm shocked Coco would be booked its low season....

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Reply to: Please help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted