We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bamboo Blu in Ocho Rios?

T W
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bamboo Blu in Ocho Rios?

Anyone ever eaten there? Can you walk there from RIU Ocho Rios? thanks!

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bamboo Blu in Ocho Rios?

Yes you can. However I heard it is closed but I cannot confirm unless I drive over there. Thursday I will check

T W
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bamboo Blu in Ocho Rios?

great, thank you!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
215 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bamboo Blu in Ocho Rios?

It's actually right beside RIU Ocho Rios and it's on the same beach so it shouldn't take you more than a minute to reach there...

The restaurant recently changed management a few weeks ago, so I am unsure if their opening days/hours have changed.

Great place to pick your own live lobster and have it cooked for you. They have nice saltfish fritters and angus burgers also.

It's my favorite Sunday beach hangout spot

Edited: 08 March 2012, 09:56
London
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bamboo Blu in Ocho Rios?

Can anyone confirm opening times, specifically evenings?

Toronto
Level Contributor
743 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bamboo Blu in Ocho Rios?

mmm sounds delicious, I would love to pick my own lobster and have it cooked for me. I am going to Runaway Bay in July but will be visiting Ocho Rios. We have family picking us up so I might have to look into this place more because I have a severe addiction to lobster! I will be checking back in. I would love to know about hours, menu items, cost of food, directions off the main road etc.

Toronto
Level Contributor
743 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bamboo Blu in Ocho Rios?

YUMMM... I just checked this review out, which actually answered most of my questions and I think this is a must place to visit for lobster lovers if it is still open! I wonder how long this place has been around - I stayed at the RIU in 2008 and have been to JA every year since, up to 6 times a year and have never heard of it! I love checkin out new places! Thanks for the insight!

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bamboo Blu in Ocho Rios?

It is a new place and run by the owner of the land. The Restaurant is open for business and the food is delicious. during the day the beach and water is beautiful and due to Security there are no people harrassing you to buy drugs.

It is a great place to go and hang out.

Toronto
Level Contributor
743 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bamboo Blu in Ocho Rios?

Perfect! Another reason why I love TA so much! I will 100% be checking this place out.

Whens the best time to go do you think? Mid day?

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bamboo Blu in Ocho Rios?

Dinner for chilling and a great meal or the rest of the day for fun food andy beautiful beach and water

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bamboo Blu in Ocho Rios?

Hi guys,

I would love if someone could give me a general estimate of the price of food here. I am a hardcore lobster fan and would love to visit here, but it also depends on the price.

Thanks in advance!