We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Swept Away VS. Couples San Souci

West Monroe...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
Couples Swept Away VS. Couples San Souci

Trying to decide now between the two. Planning a wedding for September 2011, and will be taking 3-6 couples with us. We are all in our late 20's mid 30's. Our guest will only be with us for half the trip so we need entertainment, as well as a nice honeymoon atmosphere.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Swept Away VS. Couples San Souci

Ocho or Negril 3 hour difference in Jamaica.

Two completely different vacations. Negril is very "beach" oriented and romantic area.

Ocho has closer excursions dunns falls, dolphin, zipline ect..

I guess it is down to what you would prefer in " location. "

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Swept Away VS. Couples San Souci

Couples Swept Away is on a long beach with the water line open to the public &. Couples San Souci is in a land locked private area

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Swept Away VS. Couples San Souci

Hi Heather;

We just spent a week at each resort (january)

We love both and are big fans of Couples resorts but.....

this year there was a distinct difference between the two.

We went to Swept Away first and they were really on their A game. Everything was perfect. Never had a bad meal, the room was fantastic, the service impeccable. Sans Souci was not quite up to the usual standards. We didnt care for our room but the resort was full so couldnt move. They seemed a little overwhelmed by the full house and a little disorganized. Very unusual for any Couples really. Don't get me wrong, we would go back to either in a heartbeat but Swept Away was just a cut above this year and the rooms there are indeed fresher.

If you love a good beach then go to Swept Away. Also, the nightlife there is much better. We didn't get to bed there until at least 1am yet we were out cold at Sans Souci by 11.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,104 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Swept Away VS. Couples San Souci

Take a look at these 2 new videos on You tube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUL3FD7JSRA offers a excellent view of CSS and www.youtube.com/watch… offers an excellent view of CSA. Both videos show you the very different vibe at each resort.

West Monroe...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Swept Away VS. Couples San Souci

Thanks for all the tips! Much appreciated!!! I would like to also say I'm wanting a "garden wedding" while we are there- private, with not a lot of "passer by" traffic...if anyone has an opinion on this?

West Monroe...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples Swept Away VS. Couples San Souci

Thanks for all the tips! Much appreciated!!! I would like to also say I'm wanting a "garden wedding" while we are there- private, with not a lot of "passer by" traffic...if anyone has an opinion on this?

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples Swept Away VS. Couples San Souci

In that case, Sans Souci has a beautiful large pond / garden area that would be perfect for what your looking for

West Monroe...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Couples Swept Away VS. Couples San Souci

Thanks SO MUCH!!! I really appreciate the advice!

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,104 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Couples Swept Away VS. Couples San Souci

I agree with TrueRev- Garden wedding = CSS. Take a look at the Wedding Gazebo- little combination of garden and ocean, and private.

10. Re: Couples Swept Away VS. Couples San Souci

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 14:48