We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip insurance.

new jersey
Level Contributor
130 posts
3 reviews
Trip insurance.

Hi. Does anyone have any information. Our resort provides free cancellation up to aa month before. But with two elderly parent I really need full coverage. Is it possible to buy coverage for one month?

Val

7 replies to this topic
Iowa
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Trip insurance.

You need to buy trip insurance I believe within 14 days of booking your trip. If you book your trip along time ago it might cost you a lot more. Go to square mouth.com and start doing some research. I never buy through the travel agents.I buy through this site

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Trip insurance.

Don't go to Jamaica if there is even a slight chance of someone needing medical care. The hospitals are dire, to the point of bringing your own pillows and linens. Even having expensive health insurance will not help you. There are also limited ICU spaces, and if desperate the private hospital will demand $21,000 up front - and doesn't accept insurance. Credit cards only. This is extreme stress on top of the fear of losing a parent.

It is a very scary place for the ill. If you are taking elderly parents with health issues, please consider a country with a decent health system and duty of care. Jamaica has neither, and my family learned this the hard way.

Edited: 02 August 2018, 21:33
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
158 reviews
3. Re: Trip insurance.

Travel Guard. You can purchase online and choose the coverage you need, based on your age and total cost of trip. We never vacation without it. And I know it works, had to use it once because my 2 year old ended up hospitalized while staying home with my parents when my husband and I were supposed to renew our wedding vows for our 10th anniversary. We spent less than 24 hours in Jamaica but were able to return a few months later thanks to the insurance.

New York
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Trip insurance.

Traci I don't think she's traveling with elderly parents she looking into cancellation insurance in case something happens before the trip.

North Lewisburg...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
164 reviews
5. Re: Trip insurance.

I just purchased insurance last week through Travel Guard for our Sept. Trip. They asked when I purchased the trip and I told them April 17th . I had no issues.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
56 reviews
6. Re: Trip insurance.

You can buy cancel for any reason insurance - it just costs a lot. go to insuremytrip.com you can compare tons of companies and the terms and costs of insurance, Travel guard, csa, aig, travelers, and many other companies are evaluated, You put in the relevant info and the terms you want covered- medical evacuation, cancel for any reason, lost luggage, trip delay......

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
152 posts
83 reviews
7. Re: Trip insurance.

This might be a little late in response, but are you an AAA member? We just got excellent coverage from them ( CAA) and they have lots of options to choose from. Being a member already will bring down the coverage cost.

Reply to: Trip insurance.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted