We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from HI Sunspree with 2 toddlers...questions?

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Back from HI Sunspree with 2 toddlers...questions?

Just returned with my kids ages 2 and 4. If anyone has questions about the kid's activities, food, etc., let me know!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
580 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Back from HI Sunspree with 2 toddlers...questions?

Good news for my husband about the shoes!

I have more questions if you are willing!

Are their vendors on the beach?

Is there a 'vendor night' when the vendors come and set up at the hotel?

Are Glass Bottom Boat rides available at the hotel and if so, how much do they cost for how long? Do they take you snorkeling?

We are looking for a room on the ground or 2nd floor (not too good with stairs). Can you tell me a building or specific room numbers even that have a good view (nice gardens/pools or oceans) and are quieter, yet not TOO far from the buffet and activities?

AND does anyone know a web site where I could get a map of the complex? whew! Thanks everyone!

port bruce
Level Contributor
49 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Back from HI Sunspree with 2 toddlers...questions?

Yes they have a glass bottom boat tours as well as snorkeling .I know the snorkelling is $35 .00 not sure about the glass bottom boat tho . cheaper than snorkeling I imagine. There are vendors at the end of the beach by the last building (7) where you can go browse but they don't move around. You go there and check it out at your leisure. They are quite reasonable and have a lot of the things you will find else where in Jamaica. As well they do have a vendor evening ,once a week I think. Actually the gift sho[p at the hotel is not bad either depending what you are looking for. we stayed in building 7 which is on the one end of the resort. It is by the adult area as well as the beach, adult pool etc.. However it is the farthest as well from the buffet, and main area which has a lot of people and kids . For a good view of the property we went to google earth and zoomed in . that will give you a better idea of the size and location of the buildings on the property. It is a huge property with 7 buildings with 7 being the furthest from main area . My wife and I just got back on Sunday and had a great time. There are lots of tress ,plants ,flora etc and it seemed well maintained . With the kids you would want to be in the 1-3 building area as that is the focus area with lots of people and kids. By the way they do have elevators if that helps at all. The staff was very freindly and eager to help. We used Joe Cool taxi to get around and he was great. (also has a web site) and you can check the reviews for him here as well. Not everyone has had a good time here but we sure did ,it was a good experience. And Jamaica is wonderful. No problem Mon....

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
580 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Back from HI Sunspree with 2 toddlers...questions?

Thank you Port bruce. Your information is very helpful for us.

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Back from HI Sunspree with 2 toddlers...questions?

Hi I have a question here, I book the hotel through apple vacation, and on my booking page, it says complimentary in room wifi. But at HI's web page, it says $14.95 wifi initial fee.

So do they charge for the wifi in your room? If so, is it one time fee or $14.95 every day?

Thanks!

Edited: 10 March 2012, 01:25
port bruce
Level Contributor
49 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Back from HI Sunspree with 2 toddlers...questions?

Best clarify with your agent. I think the fee is only if you need their computer and computer room. If you bring your own ,technology it is free . The charge is different if you wish to use their equipment at your leisure.

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Back from HI Sunspree with 2 toddlers...questions?

Thanks Lakeview.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Back from HI Sunspree with 2 toddlers...questions?

Wifi is free, you just have to phone front desk to get your access code. May not have sufficient coverage though. We are in building 5 and it is poor in the room but balcony is OK.

port bruce
Level Contributor
49 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Back from HI Sunspree with 2 toddlers...questions?

Yep that about sums it up and we were in bldng 7

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Back from HI Sunspree with 2 toddlers...questions?

they are the four cup kind.i brought my own small filters and a pound of coffee. there is also a coffee Seaton just outside of the buffet that is available before the buffet is open

montreal
8 posts
Save Reply
50. Re: Back from HI Sunspree with 2 toddlers...questions?

I am going with my 5-year old daughter. Do they have a schedule of planned activities for that age group in the kids' club? Thanks!