We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Wild Orchid VS Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

New Jersey
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Secrets Wild Orchid VS Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Hi Everyone! I am looking to plan a vacation to Jamaica in January 2011 and have heard great things about both of these resorts Secrets Wild Orchid & Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. I need opinions and suggestions from anyone who has stayed at either of them! My boyfriend and I are 23 and want to have a nice fun relaxing time with drinks in our hands!

England
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid VS Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Hi I've stayed at both. You have to choose Iberostar Rose Hall suites over Secret Wild Orchid. My personal opinion though. Iberostar was more fun to me and had a lot more going for it.

St. Joseph, MO
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid VS Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

I have also stayed at both. I would also chose Iberostar. If possible I would upgrade to the Grand. The Grand is adults only and you have access to use the other 2 propertys.

United States
Level Contributor
11,933 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid VS Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Of the two I would pick the Iberostar.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid VS Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

I'm trying to decide the same thing (1/29th travel)

I'm torn between Secrets St. James, Wild Orchid or Iberostar Suites.

I've been to Jamaica once before (Stayed at Breezes Runaway Bay) and had a great time. I think it just matters what you really want out of your trip.

The differences I've been hearing is that Secrets is ADULT only..so no kids..and They have Soaking tubs/jacuzzi's in your suite.

ALSO....You can eat at all the ala carte restaurants where Iberostar you only get a few nights access at ala carte (depending on your length of stay)

I also did hear though that Iberostar might be more "fun" .

Guess it depends on what you want...this is my problem as well!

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,652 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid VS Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Iberostar Grand.

The best of both worlds.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid VS Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Iberostar Grand also quoted in a couple hundred dollars more :(

That was my first choice :(

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,602 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid VS Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

When you say a "couple hundred" more, do you mean per night, per person per week? The Grand is hard to beat. Depending on the price, its well worth it.

Endless Lobster, fillet, crab legs for lunch, etc..........

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid VS Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

$500 more each person...my travel agent said the only difference was Adult only...so I take it from your response there is more of an upgrade then just adults huh?!

9. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid VS Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2011, 11:52