We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Etiquette

Glendale, AZ
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Taxi Etiquette

I'm a first timer to Jamaica and have a few questions about taxi etiquette. 1.)When you hire a taxi for an "All Day" trip, who is expected to pay for the drivers drinks, snacks and meals ? 2.)We'll be stopping at YS Falls for an hour or so. Does the driver enter the attraction too or is a time to return arranged ? If he does enter the attraction, again who is expected to pay ? 3.)After a price is agreed, is it customary also to tip ?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
68 posts
11. Re: Taxi Etiquette

Litted:

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Spree in Montego Bay twice (2007 and 2008) and the hotel provided transportation to the Hip Strip where Margaritaville is. There was no fee so we just tripped the driver. I would check with the hotel to see if they still provide this free shuttle to the Hip Strip. The shuttles usually ran on the hour starting at 9, 10 and 11 PM and returned 12, 1 and 2 AM.

Good Luck!

Beachy Vee

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
68 posts
12. Re: Taxi Etiquette

Littd

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree in Montego Bay twice (2007 and 2008) and there was no fee for a ride to the Hip Strip where Margaritaville is. The hotel supplied the transportation and we just gave the driver a tip. Check with the hotel to make sure this is still their practice.

Good Luck!

Beachy Vee

13. Re: Taxi Etiquette

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2010, 12:03