We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SMB Pub update...It's Open!

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
126 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
SMB Pub update...It's Open!

My wife and I just travelled to Sandals Royal Caribbean for our anniversary. On Saturday Nov 1, we went to SMB for dinner and stopped by the pub to see how it compared to the pub at SRC. It was totally different. Lots of wood, dark, and no Jamaican music. While we were sitting having a drink (or 6 :)), Philip, the SMB manager stopped by to talk to us. We ended up spending about 3 hours talking with him that night. Nov 1 was the dry-run night for the pub, with Nov 2 being the official grand opening. The night we were there they had no food, just drinks. Philip said he had been working with the staff to prepare the English dishes as authentically as possible, and he was looking to make the pub experience as real as possible. As part of that, he said he is not allowing any Jamaican/Reggae/Pop music in there. He wants older, preferably British music only. Having been in many pubs in London, it certainly did have the feel of a traditional pub. We did see the menus, and had a chance to sample the food later in our trip, and it was very good.

I think the employees are struggling with how to act in the pub. At SRC, they are very outgoing, playing games, dancing, etc, making the place very fun. At SMB, they were very subdued, almost to the point of being boring. It will be interesting to see how this pub fits in with the rest of SMB over time. I personnally liked it, but others going to SMB may not like the calmer atmosphere. Time will tell.

1. Re: SMB Pub update...It's Open!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 14:47