We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropical Depression

Bremerton...
Level Contributor
749 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Tropical Depression

caribbeannetnews.com/news-12016--46-46--.html

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropical Depression

anyways.....on the positive note...this is supposed to blow over Fri and Sat. Fingers and toes crossed!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropical Depression

Interesting blurb on the stormcarib web site about it. At this stage it looks like the Caymans are toast. http://www.stormcarib.com/

Unfortunately since Jamaica is very close to the Caymans it's likely the north coast will get some lousy weather. I know a few people headed down this weekend and I really feel for them. A lot of planning goes into a trip this time of year and always hoping for the best. Let's keep our fingers & toes crossed it doesn't cause a couple of days of grief.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
gillespie, illinois
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropical Depression

On Monday I am suppose to fly out to Jamaica and wondering if any one has heard if the airlines have been cancelling flights? I have been checking but no one is answering questions.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
new york
Level Contributor
119 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tropical Depression

We are arriving on Saturday, but I don't think this storm will be an issue. I have been watching the predicted path and it seems to be far away. Hopefully.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
938 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tropical Depression

We head out Sunday, November 9th for Sandals Whitehouse.

Looks like the start of our vacation may be a bit soggy.

However, I think we JA won't get it like the Caymans or Cuba.

Knock wood.....

Mentioned in this post
Sandals South Coast
Sandals South Coast
7,640 Reviews
Jamaica
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
6. Re: Tropical Depression

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 08:47